Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 kfx 700 that will start right up with the choke on, but will not idle when the choke is off. Is there any suggestions on what i need to look at? Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I have an 07 kfx 700 that will start right up with the choke on, but will not idle when the choke is off. Is there any suggestions on what i need to look at? Thanks for any help.
Have you tried adjusting the idle speed higher?

·
Registered
47 Posts
raise the idle up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idle

I tried adjusting the idle using the adjustment screw. I noticed that when i covered the air intake hose with my hand it evened out and idled fine. Anyone tell me whether my sensor is bad?

·
Registered
15 Posts
when was the last time you adjusted your valves?

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I tried adjusting the idle using the adjustment screw. I noticed that when i covered the air intake hose with my hand it evened out and idled fine. Anyone tell me whether my sensor is bad?
There is no sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never

I bought it about two months ago. I have never adjusted valves. Where can i find info? Is it pretty simple? I thought there was a mass air meter on there like a car.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I bought it about two months ago. I have never adjusted valves. Where can i find info? Is it pretty simple? I thought there was a mass air meter on there like a car.
It has carbs; therefore no flow sensor.
There's a million threads regarding adjusting valves; try the search function.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Sounds like if by removing air it idles ok. Then you may have plugged pilot jets. I would start there clean your carbs.
If it starts right up its unlikely its valves.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts