Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a day of riding I am now having problems with my KFX idleing. I'm not sure why but I have adjusted the idle screw thats on the side of the bike. Not sure how to explain it but the screw is screwed out all the way and it still wants to idle real low to the point it cuts off. If I ride it for a few min it would be ok but it never did this before. Anyone have any idea.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Are you talking about the small black knob attached to the rubber tube that adjusts your idle speed?
If so turn it IN (clockwise) to raise your idle speed...

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Not sure how to explain it but the screw is screwed out all the way
Am I missing something?
When it's out...(counterclockwise)...it idles LOW
When It's in...(clockwise)...it idles HIGHER...
if that is not working properly you may have stripped the screw the tube is attached to or something???
IDK...

·
Registered
786 Posts
CHECK FOR
-air leaks
-loose carbs
-clean out jets

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how to explain it but the screw is screwed out all the way
Am I missing something?
When it's out...(counterclockwise)...it idles LOW
When It's in...(clockwise)...it idles HIGHER...
if that is not working properly you may have stripped the screw the tube is attached to or something???
IDK...
this stuff is all new to me so I just learned somethig else. I will check to see if it is turned the right way

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the idle screw and it is turned all the way clockwise. I dont know to much but I would think that it would be running a little to high but it s not. It would usually start right away but it seems like it takes more to start it. I havent done any type of work to it so nothing has changed on it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
clean carbs and adjust valves might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went out to mess with it again, with the idle all the way in I got it started with the choke out. while I was running with a low idle I began moving the choke cable around where it goes into the carbs. As I did this it appeared to be loose, it began to idle higher. You think the choke is stuck or the cable needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone have any idea about the choke causing it to idle low even with the idle all the way in. Like I said when I was pulling on the choke cable where it goes into the carbs it began to rev up but stopped when I let go. It is extremely hard to get it started now as well even with the choke on.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took it to someone today who runs a shop and he said I only had heat and pressure coming from one exuast. He said it might just be a fouled plug. He is looking it over to get it fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts