Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent all afternoon searching the forum and havent had any luck finding an answer.
I had a hard time getting my ignition key out of the brute force after my last ride in the snow and the key will kill the engine when turned to off but it wont kill the other electrical parts on the atv. The dash lights stay lit and it basically sounds like it does when you start the atv. The atv starts and runs normally but I'm having to disconnect the battery to keep it from going dead. The key was basically stuck in the switch for a couple weeks before I was able to get it in the basement to warm it up. There was what looked like electrical corrosion on the key when I finally got it out.
Do you think the problem is in the switch or do you think it might be something else. I was getting ready to order a new switch online but then I thought I'd be disturbed if it was something else besides the switch.
Anyone have any thoughts

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a connector that is under the rear fenders called a buss connector that could be the problem. Im not real familiar with it but i did a search over on mudinmyblood.com and they said this is a problem that normally happens and is an easy fix. There may be some info over here, just do a search. My 650i has done the same thing but i have not had a chance to fix it yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts