Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

I'm new here! And my quad hates me...

569 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dr. Righteous 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I found this site looking for ideas on how to fix my beast. Her name is Becky named after the dorky bird in the Finding Dory movie. She's...special, yet capable! I have a 2007 KFX700 V force, sorta. I got it from a guy who crashed the crap out of it and pieced it back together. She runs fine mostly but has a nasty habit of throwing anyone who rides her. I was holding strong until last summer and then my turn came up.
Anyway, I'm a mechanical engineer working in the medical industry right now and living in the Boulder CO area. I love to ride sand, coming from the dunes in Southern CA, but the mountains have their own appeal.
Hoping some of y'all can help me fix up my quad! And maybe meet up to go ride?!?!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello! The KFX is built like a tank but still needs TLC to keep it going. Being a mechanical engineer, you'll certainly want access to a complete repair guide. There are still paper copies to be had on eBay, used book stores, and sites like this for a premium ($50 - $100). Or, you can obtain a digital PDF copy (around $15) from sites like tradebit.com. Take care of Becky and she'll take care of you... unless you blip the throttle too much or roll her over 🙃

#3 ·
Welcome, You are in the right place. I would say all the riders here have been thrown off their ATV a few times. :)

Interesting. Some basics here. You said it was wrecked and pieced back together by the previous owner.
The thing is you can bolt new parts to a bent frame, and it may look OK; but the ride can be unpredictable.
For instance it will throw the front A frame suspension geometry out. Riding in a straight line on a flat surface will seem fine. Going fast on a bumpy trail it will be all over the place and dangerous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.