Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
kickstart,
Thanks for info. I wasn’t implying Kawasaki was POS, just ignorant of upkeep. I now understand your statement of BF’s to others.
I’m gonna poke at the Dynateks per your input. I remembered reading a post of yours years ago when you were checking them out.
I will probably PM you for info on right ones for my BF’s.
Between ATV riding, bass fishing, f”$&@?!$# work gets right in the middle of everything!

NM,
I get ya.
You helped me years back on replacement A arm bushings. I don’t mind wrenching on the BF, it’s just some parts are so difficult to get to.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
12 Posts
So here's what the .080" or 2mm wide valve seat cut looks like. It definitely lets the valve sit a tad lower in the head. I had to back off the adjusters quite a bit off where they were set before to get the lash I needed. There is a bit more of the threads out now, but should still allow for several adjustments. But hopefully, like VFJ says, I won't be needing to do that for quite a long, long time!

`
Hello,

Is the width of the seat 2.0mm on the intakes? Do you know what OD of the seat was when complete? Did they do the same for the Exhaust?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hello,

Is the width of the seat 2.0mm on the intakes? Do you know what OD of the seat was when complete? Did they do the same for the Exhaust?
The completed cut is 2mm wide.
The exhaust valves are smaller and shaped totally different. They do not sink into the head because of this, so leave them alone.
Any specifics can be gotten from V Force John @ Intestate Motorsports.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts