Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive been thinkin bout buyin a brute force 750 this summer and when i got to asking around a few people have told me that the 4x4 wont engage unless the quad is moving... so i was wondering what good would 4x4 do if yur stuck in 2wheel drive...could you guys shed some light on it thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
hey guys ive been thinkin bout buyin a brute force 750 this summer and when i got to asking around a few people have told me that the 4x4 wont engage unless the quad is moving... so i was wondering what good would 4x4 do if yur stuck in 2wheel drive...could you guys shed some light on it thanks
Correct. The front tires MUST move in order for engagement to occur. Solution.....have it 4WD BEFORE you get stuck.....:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I won't say is not true but knowing how the system works, I don't see why the front wheels have to roll to go into 4WD.

The actuator slides a collar backwards into the input yoke on front diff.

Both parts have cogs on them. My thinking is when you hit the switch it moves the collar backwards, if the top of the cogs hit it won't engage but as soon as you hit the gas and the drive shaft turns the cogs fall into each other then your in 4WD.

Again I have not done this but was just thinking about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey i just bought a brute and it is true your quad must move a little to engage, but the slightest tap of the throtle turns the shaft and everything slips into place

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same thing i do with my truck, if i think there is any chance at all of getting stuck, it's in 4wd long before i need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts