Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 10" LED light bar from Rigid on the weekend... Off Road LED Light Bars | Jeep Truck LED Light Bars | Rigid LED Lights

All I can say is WOW!!! What a difference in light output. The pictures don't do it full justice... What an amazing difference in light output... I went with this over the HID since although it's about double the cost of the new HID kits, it draws less power, puts off less heat, and can be transferred to your next atv / utv (regardless of brand)... I think it may put off more light too... I went with the flood light reflectors.

High beams on:

High beams and LED on:

High beams only:

High beams and LED on (no real difference with high beams off). Note the rum and coke on the right :D:

· Registered
25 Posts
I like it! What a difference it makes. I'm talking about the rum and coke :p! The lights are a major improvement. :tup:

· Registered
217 Posts
I had HID's on my old sportsman and lost a ballast out in the middle of a night ride so as long as they are reliable I bet that LED setup is worth its weight in gold.

Riding in the dark with crappy lights sucks.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had HID's on my old sportsman and lost a ballast out in the middle of a night ride so as long as they are reliable I bet that LED setup is worth its weight in gold.

I've seen videos of them shooting these things and they still don't go out... If one or more LEDs go out, the rest still stay lit...

If they last how they're supposed to, I like the fact that I can put it on my next quad or utv after this one dies (or gets killed :D). The next one may be a Brute - or it may be something else. I'm thinking by the time this Brute gives up, the new Brutes will likely have changed bodystyles and the HIDs won't be transferrable anymore either...

· Registered
182 Posts

I've seen videos of them shooting these things and they still don't go out... If one or more LEDs go out, the rest still stay lit...

If they last how they're supposed to, I like the fact that I can put it on my next quad or utv after this one dies (or gets killed :D). The next one may be a Brute - or it may be something else. I'm thinking by the time this Brute gives up, the new Brutes will likely have changed bodystyles and the HIDs won't be transferrable anymore either...
I really want a set of these lights as well, but just gotta find it cheaper someplace. How much did they charge you for shipping?

Make sure you don't leave the quad out where somebody will swipe those lights. You did make them removable so you can lock them up someplace right?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I really want a set of these lights as well, but just gotta find it cheaper someplace. How much did they charge you for shipping?

Make sure you don't leave the quad out where somebody will swipe those lights. You did make them removable so you can lock them up someplace right?
I think it was around $460 CAN by the time it hit my door... It's expensive - but I'm hoping it will last me through a couple ATVs / UTVs.

It's bolted on but I'm not too worried about theft - it stays in a heated shop with a security system and video surveillance :D

· Registered
65 Posts
Thats one hell of a shop! Jealous!!

· Registered
1,961 Posts
It's bolted on but I'm not too worried about theft - it stays in a heated shop with a security system and video surveillance :D
This is with my 2005 before the 2009, but you get the idea :D

Can you tell me how high the top 4 wheeler is? Like at the highest point? Kinda been thinking of doing that but not sure if I have enough room. Also did you build that yourself or did you buy that? I can get the steel at work that isn't a problem... Thank you for answering the questions in advanced!!!

· Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Me too. Me and RDR was thinking about how I could get more room in my shop. And thats sort of the idea we had. But that's a whole lot nicer!

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you tell me how high the top 4 wheeler is? Like at the highest point? Kinda been thinking of doing that but not sure if I have enough room. Also did you build that yourself or did you buy that? I can get the steel at work that isn't a problem... Thank you for answering the questions in advanced!!!
I'd say that the bars on the top quad are about 9' off of the concrete... I can measure exact distance tonight when I get home from work... My shop ceiling is approximately 14' high... I use the ramps from my truck deck to get the quads up top. I'm thinking about getting a Utv - at that point I'll add some steel crossbracing, and make some hinged ramps for this that will winch up to the roof...

I built it myself - 4" channel iron legs and cross braces, with 3/4" plywood deck, and some 2x4 intermediate cross braces as well. Pretty simple straight forward design that I built with some left over steel from a project I was on. Very sturdy - even with both the Brute 750 and the Canned Ham 800 on top. See sketch below:

· Registered
1,961 Posts
I'd say that the bars on the top quad are about 9' off of the concrete... I can measure exact distance tonight when I get home from work... My shop ceiling is approximately 14' high... I use the ramps from my truck deck to get the quads up top. I'm thinking about getting a Utv - at that point I'll add some steel crossbracing, and make some hinged ramps for this that will winch up to the roof...

I built it myself - 4" channel iron legs and cross braces, with 3/4" plywood deck, and some 2x4 intermediate cross braces as well. Pretty simple straight forward design that I built with some left over steel from a project I was on. Very sturdy - even with both the Brute 750 and the Canned Ham 800 on top. See sketch below:

Thank you so much. I have been taking measurements to see if I can get some up in my garage.

· Registered
1,961 Posts
No problem! I'll take complete exact measurements tonight and post them. If I was to do it again I'd make it about 3" wider, and 5" deeper...
I hear you there. I already built a loft and only have 7' clearance. So I'm looking just to have the ATV's up and out of the way so I can double stack but after taking some measurements I will only be able to have it over the back side of the atv's on the bottom so that is ok...

It will save me about 6' x 10' area. Which will help out alot. Also with it being that low I could probably get the misses to help load them if I need help but thinking of a hand crank also or maybe AC winch...

· Registered
905 Posts
When I saw that I said "Holy crap that is bright!!" That is awesome :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.