Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new Traveler (Tractor Supply Brand) 3500 lb winch on my 2003 Prairie 360 last week. I have everything but the control box and wiring to the battery complete. My question is shouldn't there be some sort of a fuse between the battery and the control box/solenoid? There is not one in the winch box or on the wires? Just thinking in case a wire rubs off and shorts out or something that there should be a fuse at the battery connection to pop? Am I thinking correct?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
All the wiring diagrams I can find don't show an inline fuse between the battery and solenoid.

Maybe a 30 amp circuit break might work or a 30 amp fuse.
Any parts store should have one of these circuit breakers.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have 2 - #2500 winches on my Brute. Just............cuz I can!! 😄

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shoot, I have a Viper Max 4000 lb winch on my 700 lb brute 750. It was bigger than I was planning on going but the 3000 and 3500 lb'ers were all sold out at the time and I wasn't about to go with a 2500. I've maxed out 2500 lb winches trying to pull out quads in wet heavy snow where you have to do a straight pull and can't use a snatch block.

I didn't even think about the battery/stator requirements for running a larger winch though. I should probably look into that......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts