Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 87 tecate 4 just got a new carb. Anyone one know a site that has the big intake boot that i need for that? any help will be awsome thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very Close

The Kx boot will fit very well..It has a larger intake hole for the bigger carbs.Fits a 38-44mm carb perfect...

·
Registered
116 Posts
yes, 88 or newer

Not the older KX500. I have done some research since last posting on the 86/87 kxt intakes and they compare to the 87 and possibly/probably the 86 kx500 intakes.
Only difference is the throat size for stock carbs.
34mm for kxt and 40mm for kx 500
88 and newer seem to have the atomizer fins on the back side wheres the 86/87 kxt + kx did not so a 88 or newer is needed.
I am in the process of reproducing the 86/87 models that will be sized for 34mm but have the abilty to accept 40mm and larger carbs with ease.
same material basically as i use for the early kxt trikes and other Kawi intakes I have reproduced, but with slightly more flex for the larger sized carbs.

john

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes 88 or newer

Yes only 88 or newer is what i was talking about...They are still available from kawasaki..I would also order the clamp with it...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I 2nd. the o.e.m. clamp suggestion

Yes only 88 or newer is what i was talking about...They are still available from Kawasaki..I would also order the clamp with it...
Very good point kfx ! If about any other clamp is use it will most likely cut into the carb boot (normally the bottom) and ruin it eventually.

john

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I find intake boot for 34mm carb?

I'm new to the forum. I recently got a 86 KXT 250B-1 and am having carb issues with overflowing. I purchased a new carb and found that I have a 38mm carb and intake. So I am in search of original size intake. This is because my new carb is 34mm.
Thanks for any help,
Bill

Not the older KX500. I have done some research since last posting on the 86/87 kxt intakes and they compare to the 87 and possibly/probably the 86 kx500 intakes.
Only difference is the throat size for stock carbs.
34mm for kxt and 40mm for kx 500
88 and newer seem to have the atomizer fins on the back side wheres the 86/87 kxt + kx did not so a 88 or newer is needed.
I am in the process of reproducing the 86/87 models that will be sized for 34mm but have the abilty to accept 40mm and larger carbs with ease.
same material basically as i use for the early kxt trikes and other Kawi intakes I have reproduced, but with slightly more flex for the larger sized carbs.

john

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys i have a 87 tecate 4 just got a new carb. Anyone one know a site that has the big intake boot that i need for that? any help will be awsome thank you
if you haven't already purchased one the place that i found the best T4 selection is off-roadinnovation .com but anything tecate is expensive and rare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts