Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
I too believe in getting the biggest you can , but .............the 360 is a tough little bugger that is pretty good on gas and will go anywhere you point her (within reason!).

If you plan on riding with buddies who own bigger bored bikes in the technical stuff you will be just as fast or faster in some cases (depending on how good you get) but on more open trails you unfortunately will be in the rear! With that a 360 may be right up your ally!

So a 360 is O.K. but in this case "bigger is better" IMHO!!

Happy quad shopping!!Good luck!!
Good advice.
As I posted earlier, the 360 is great, but if the speeds get above 40mph you will be left behind.
Even if you and your buddies ride slow trails 95% of the time, that 5% when you are riding by yourself with your buddies out of sight will have you kicking your butt for not getting a little bigger machine.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm about the same weight and had a rancher 350. It was fine as long as I was with other 350-400cc machines, but after a few rides with the bigger bikes, I got tired of bringing up the rear when the faster trails came up. It all depends on how you want to ride, but I think you'd be happier with a larger cc machine, I sure am.
X2 ohhhhh yes.. Better to have the power even if you don't use it than not having it and occasionaly needing it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had a 360 for a few years and really loved it. It had no top speed but kept up through the mud. Like everyone is saying though, when I'd get in the thick mud with my executioners, it took low gear and high r's to get to even spin 'em fast enough to get out.

If you have the money, I'd go for something bigger. If a big bore isn't in your price range, you can't beat the reliability of the 360.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a 360 for a few years and really loved it. It had no top speed but kept up through the mud. Like everyone is saying though, when I'd get in the thick mud with my executioners, it took low gear and high r's to get to even spin 'em fast enough to get out.

If you have the money, I'd go for something bigger. If a big bore isn't in your price range, you can't beat the reliability of the 360.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These 360s put out like a 700. They have a true 4x4 front differential lock. These are one of the most sought after vehicles. They can pull 10 times their weight. They are the toughest.but they do have issues with carburetos.. once you dial them in you have a monster.Any slight elevation of normality will make them spit and sputter.... overall great vehicle. Keep carb tuned...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts