Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Me, cook, shelley, benson, charlie. I think rob is looking for a gade but he'll prolly still have the v too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's what happens when you stop supporting your riders.. As far as I know Kawi has pulled all GNCC support and contigency while Can Am is still putting up $1K a win and $2,500 championship.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Idk, just what i thought. Correct me? Your not riding a v?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Me, cook, shelley, benson, charlie. I think rob is looking for a gade but he'll prolly still have the v too.
Which "shelley" you talking about ? there are two of us
he meant the good looking one

oh hell, are you sure there isn't aint a 3rd one of you Shelley boyz then :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's what happens when you stop supporting your riders.. As far as I know Kawi has pulled all GNCC support and contigency while Can Am is still putting up $1K a win and $2,500 championship.
If I was competing for wins I would go with the Renegade but I don't have a lot of time to practice so I don't expect wins so the price of the VForce was a big reason I went that route. I believe Danny Jesse will be on a V also.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea I will be on a V for this year. Gotta miss the Gade but still do like the way the V handles itself in the woods. Guess you could call us the few and the proud :D.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was the one that John is talking about.

My official class decision is the Open 4x4 on an Outlander.

I did consider the V for a few weeks but to be honest the U2 class is very tough to sell any potential sponsor on - It's very hard for them to understand it's place plus it really only revolves around 2 lower production quads (aftermarket & OEM) - V Forces & Renegades.

Also - Kawsaki said NO to any support that was worth trying for.

So I'm back on an Outlander in the Open 4x4 class for the Can Am contigency and also where aftermarket companies want to invest there money.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I know I talked to you a month ago and you said you were going with the Vforce and wanted the motor and clutch done. That's what I was going off of. but I didn't want to say Rick was thinking about switching.

Just like I told you. Any worthwhile sponsor support for Kawasaki's is done and gone. with them closing dealerships, kawy's having a tough time somewhere, Maybe you'll earn some of those wonderful green bucks if you can top 3 in the overall. You can spend that whopping 100-150.00 at one of the 2 dozen kawy dealers that closed the doors last month here in PA.

I don't blame you. go where the funds are. I think with the economy the class sizes and the ability for racers to travel is going to be very difficult this year.

best of luck to all the guys racing gncc in '10. It's very expensive, mostly inglorious, and hard on the machines and the body alike. the only thing you can really win is pride.

John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts