Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I think that it would be OK in the snow depending on how cold it was (how brittle the plastic is), but if it was stuck in the mud I wouldn't try it. The Brute floorboards are only a plastic skin, and that little piece of metal they call a footpeg. All that hold that up are two metal brackets that aren't very substantial...if you look underneath you'll see them, and the little rod that connects the two.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I think you will end up cracking them, they are brittle at the best of times. For the snow I took a shovel and cut it off short so that it would fit on the rack. If you get hung up in the snow you just dif out from underneath the bike and you can use it to knock down the centre of the ruts so yo can get moving again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think you will end up cracking them, they are brittle at the best of times. For the snow I took a shovel and cut it off short so that it would fit on the rack. If you get hung up in the snow you just dif out from underneath the bike and you can use it to knock down the centre of the ruts so yo can get moving again.
^^^Yup! do this instead,also remember that the foot pegs are aluminium not steel and can break if stressed too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.