Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John,

I would like to do optimize my clutches for my riding. I do lots of technical rock crawling in Utah (4000'-11,000'), and lots of trail riding. No mud. I run heavy 26" tires and heavy aftermarket wheels. I don't much care about top speed, but would like to get as much 0-30 mph acceleration as possible. What modifications/springs would you recommend? Oh yeah, I also want to keep my engine brake fork for the rock crawling.

Thanks John.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I have a spring and weight package that will suit your needs just fine.

My #1 primary, #1 secondary and the atv weights. they are also fully adjustable and I'd set them up for you.

You keep full engine braking, Pickup massive low end and belt grip from loading the base of the weight. Plus gain RPM for that altitude. If you want more RPM. REMOVE weight. Less RPM add weight. it all comes in the kit.

250.00 in stock and it can be on your door by Friday.

If you want, call me tomorrow and I can take your order. 570-773-1240

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good John. Thanks. I will talk to the boss and give you a call!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
One other question, is this going to reduce belt life or reliability in any way? I ride way out in the desert where it would be really bad to have a belt go bad. You might not see another person to help you for a month!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a little more performance, but not bad enough if it comes at the cost of reliability.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

Do you have a picture of what it is I'm buying? I know what the springs are, but I don't know about the weight system. Do I continue using my OEM primary clutch faceplate with the fork bearing?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I wouldn't sell ANYTHING that would ever decrease reliability.

However, it all depends on condition of your clutch, and how you treat it. OEM BELTS ONLY!!!! 59011-0019 is ALL that's recommended. NEVER use aftermarket belt.

These weights WILL INCREASE reliability if the clutch and belt. Especially spider roller life and easing engagement belt grip with the lower dual angle of the weights. with my stage 3 mod, expect 3000-5000 mies to a belt

click here to see what they are all about. I done my homework. if Teryx 1000cc motors making 3x your power and 3x your weight can run WOT races with open covers and use these weights. a simple 700, these will probably outlast your machine.

http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/interstate-motorsports/127358-new-gen2-vfj-clutch-weights.html

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John. I see how that all works now. Much appreciated.

I have one more question for you. Thought maybe I should ask it here so you can answer whenever you have a minute. I know you're a busy guy doing 12 hour days right now so I don't want to tie you up on the phone!

You recommended your #1 primary and #1 secondary springs with the weight kit. I have heard from one fella here locally that these springs gave him more stall than the factory springs. Is this true?

Thanks once again.:)

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
If you have the 1/1 springs that are rated at a TINY 10 stall. and you have ALOT of stall.

YOU HAVE WORN WEIGHTS AND PINS AND SPIDER ROLLERS!!! Basically, you need a REBUILD.

These springs with these weights will be basically NO STALL AT ALL!!

it'll engage smoother than stock ever has.

Tell him to check his clutch, he probably has all these issues!!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts