Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had I known how difficult it was going to be to put this thing back on, I certainly would not have taken it off!

I can maneuver the front rubber coupler onto the front carb pretty easily, but the back one seems so far from matching the angle of the rear carb that I wonder how it was ever on in the first place.

Anyone have any tips or tricks?

2006 new to me brute 750 :)

·
Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
LOL..Yeah I always regretted taking it off too. OK, clamps loose, a slight bit of silicone grease on both boots and carb horns, then they both have to go on at the same time so get the inside edges of both started. Don't push too hard. With a rolling motion start working it down. IF one buckles or gives you a problem, take an awl with a 90 degree end and slip it between the horn and boot and help it. Once both mount flanges touch you got it. Inspect all the way around both to ensure they are completely down then tighten the clamps and install the mount bolts/screws. Good luck man. It gets easier with practice...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL..Yeah I always regretted taking it off too. OK, clamps loose, a slight bit of silicone grease on both boots and carb horns, then they both have to go on at the same time so get the inside edges of both started. Don't push too hard. With a rolling motion start working it down. IF one buckles or gives you a problem, take an awl with a 90 degree end and slip it between the horn and boot and help it. Once both mount flanges touch you got it. Inspect all the way around both to ensure they are completely down then tighten the clamps and install the mount bolts/screws. Good luck man. It gets easier with practice...lol
I appreciate the detailed response. I got her back on, but I was not sure it was going to happen :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts