Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 05 with a hmf slip on-jetted, k&n, and a cdi dynatek, every since i got the cdi i always use shell v-power never nothing less, however it seems to make my bike run alot hotter, with any fuel the header pipe and will be glowing red, if i turn my lights off at night it will light up my left leg it is so bright, i can look on the inside of my hmf slip-on and the inside is glowing red with a small blue flame barley showing, unless i rev it up then it blows a small blue fame out, im not sure if it is supposed to throw a flame and the glow? anyone know?!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
every since i got it back i always have said the mechanic didnt jet it properly i honestly dont know how to tell

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Only true way to tell is a air/fuel ration gauge

A glowing red exhaust does not always mean it is too lean, stainless glows red.

But if it didn't do it before and now it does then it might mean it is lean.

Also unless you have high compression pistons it is best to burn 87 octane, the higher octane the slower the fuel burns and you don't need it unless you have detonation from high compression pistons

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i heard from a couple of guys on this forum that if i have the cdi i MUST use a higher octane fuel otherwise i could sieze my motor?! lol but thanks for the help but i dont think im going to to drill and weld holes in my header pipe for O2 sensors just to find that out

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
they make a hand held air/fuel gauge that u just hold at the end of your exhaust pipe to get the measurement.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any idea where to get and price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts