Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finished up the stock rebuild yesterday, and around 8 pm last night started putting the engine back in the chassis and hooking everything up so I could do a test fire.
This morning I spun it over without spark plugs, had 60 psi of oil pressure on the PERMANENT mechanical gauge so I put the plugs in, gave her a little choke and hit the [email protected] 3:43am this morning, the SOB fired up like it had been running 5 minutes earlier!!!!!
I have heard a lot of engines run, but there is something different about the 700.....I like it....sweet doesn't do it justice, it has a rumble that lets you know you're dealing with a serious amount of power.
Well I'm whooped so I think I'll take a nap till the sun comes up...then I'm gonna take my first ride on a KFX700...I feel like a kid on Christmaseve!!!
I'm out. :zzz:Ed3

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Conrats. Where did you mount the sender for the oil pressure gauge? Is it an electric sender? I ask because I mounted an electric sender down in the oil port by the stator cover and from vibration and bouncing, it broke off and puked oil all over rpm's shoe. :lol: I then ran a remote line and installed my sender up by the air box.

If it is a mechanical gauge, then ignore my post.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Here's my remote line.

Here's the remote line on my wife's bike.

Here you can see the bulky sending unit attached to a aluminum bracket where I mounted it.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nap time is over...wasn't long enuff...Camo, yes it's a mechanical gauge, I just removed the oil pressure sensor next to the spin on oil filter, ran a 1/8" NPT tap in the hole a little, then installed a brass male-female-female tee. Male threads into the case where the sending unit was, one female towards the front for the mechanical gauge tubing, second female is opposite the male and accepts the stock idiot light sending unit, effectively only moving it 3/4" out from it's original location. With a little tugging on the sending unit wire, working it thru the tie wraps and such it's long enuff to reach.
When I figure out how to post pics I will. Although I hesitate to post pics of mine as it isn't fit to share the same post with yours...you have a beautiful ride Camo!!!!

NOW TO GO FOR MY FIRST RIDE......hopefully.....Ed3

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
sweet, congrats.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I to would like to see pictures of how you installed your oil gauge.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH MY WORD!!!!!
That was unbelievable....I don't know whats more frightening....my bone stock (basically) 700 or the fact that you guys have 2 to 3 times this much power!
I think I'm going to get used to this for a whlie before I even think about putting the 800 kit I have put together in it!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get pics of everything (FWIW) soon...I have to go do a tow job...Later

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
OH MY WORD!!!!!
That was unbelievable....I don't know whats more frightening....my bone stock (basically) 700 or the fact that you guys have 2 to 3 times this much power!
I think I'm going to get used to this for a whlie before I even think about putting the 800 kit I have put together in it!

dear god.. put your big boy pants on... it will be ok. :lol::p

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
OH MY WORD!!!!!

dear god.. put your big boy pants on... it will be ok. :lol::p
:lol::lol: @ Zmann

yes if you think a stocker works good you better hold off on a BBK :D

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Welcome to the Poor House. :p:lol:

Power is addictive. You'll want more before you know it......... They always do. :cool:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Maybe he rides tight woods trails. A 700 stocker in the sand is :zzz:.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I'll get pics of everything (FWIW) soon...I have to go do a tow job...Later
Ha, another tow guy.

we just got a new tow truck today. I didn't like the price. but it's a sweet machine. 09 f750 Jerr Dan composite body with 14,000 wheel lift and 300 hp cat motor and allison push button automatic... I could have bought 15-16 2010 Teryx's for what this thing cost.

John

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Here's my remote line.

Here's the remote line on my wife's bike.

Here you can see the bulky sending unit attached to a aluminum bracket where I mounted it.

Camo, whats with the oil pressure line routing?? You have to re-rout that thing. You have this beutifull work of art with this a out of place braided lineB)

Sorry to high jack your thread, but I just had to comment.

Back to the build

Gardog cool by the way, I have a 715 build soon, can't wait.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
It's not out of place. A guy could never have too much steel braided plumbing. :p It looks like it belongs on the bike(s).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts