Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the thread states, I've been reading as much as I can on getting some better rubber for my new ride later this year. There are so many types and makes of tire out there that it can get pretty confusing on what to buy.

The following tires are the ones that I can't seem to get any review for.
- New Carlisle Black Rock
- Maxxis Mud Bug R
- GBC Afterburn
- GBC Dirt Tammer

If anyone has any form of testing or testimonial on these, then any input is welcomed.

On the Other hand I have been thinking of doing a sticky thread for tire information, mostly pros and cons. let me know what you think of this idea as well. I have time on my hands and some experience with a great variety of tires.

Thanks
Dave F.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just as the thread states, I've been reading as much as I can on getting some better rubber for my new ride later this year. There are so many types and makes of tire out there that it can get pretty confusing on what to buy.

- Maxxis Mud Bug R
- GBC Afterburn
- GBC Dirt Tammer

If anyone has any form of testing or testimonial on these, then any input is welcomed.

On the Other hand I have been thinking of doing a sticky thread for tire information, mostly pros and cons. let me know what you think of this idea as well. I have time on my hands and some experience with a great variety of tires.

Thanks
Dave F.

Would def like to see it. Have the stockers on it now and will look to upgrade. I'd like to see some opinion on the PitBull Rockers {on the BF750 / stock sized}.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to start a chart later tomorrow. hopefully it will be sticky.

I do not have any info on Pit Bull tires, since I have yet to see a retailer that sells them up here in the north.

Dave F.

·
Registered
23 Posts
canadian dealers

Going to start a chart later tomorrow. hopefully it will be sticky.

I do not have any info on Pit Bull tires, since I have yet to see a retailer that sells them up here in the north.

Dave F.
Here are some Canadian Dealers

Northshore offroad - [email protected]
Direct numbers @ NSOR : 1-866 507 5674
Local direct number @ NSOR : (604) 985 8444

national4wd - [email protected]
canam4x4.com

·
Registered
34 Posts

- Maxxis Mud Bug R
- GBC Afterburn
- GBC Dirt Tammer

Thanks
Dave F.
As far as the Carlisle Black Rock tires, Brian Fisher (fisher's atv world) uses them and ofcourse recommends them. I think they look pretty sharp too but I don't know if I would get them. I would like to see how they ride on hard pack first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A friend just mounted GBC Afterburns on his 650 prairie, but hasn't ridden on them enough yet for a review. After this upcoming weekends ride I should have a little input on all different types of terrain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have about 4 rides on my 26 inch dirt tamers and I love them. A major improvement over stock of course but ride very well and do great on everything other than deep mud. Only down side is they are pretty heavy I think but other than that I love them. Not sure if you have looked at the dirt commanders but a buddy just put a set on his rhino and they do great in everything and ride very smooth.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i replaced my stock tires with dirt tamers and i love them. most of my riding is on dirt roads and trails. i love the way the dirt tamers have a stiffer sidewall and it lets me take the corners better without feeling like the tire is going to roll off the rim, being 6 ply the do ride a little rougher that the 2 ply but i`m definatly glad i went with the tamers.

·
Registered
3 Posts

- Maxxis Mud Bug R
- GBC Afterburn
- GBC Dirt Tammer

Thanks
Dave F.
I say go with outlaws!! Big and nasty. Then again i guess it depends on what kindof ridin you're gonna do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts