Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have an 04 kfx700 that i bought already slightly modded. The jetting was a lil off but i got straight, it has a k&n air filter, it looked like a pink or purplish spring? (it takes a lil throttle to make bike start movin, stall or is the belt a lil worn?). Also when i let of the gas the bike free rolls, is this normal? Im used a 4x4 bike with engine brake. I recently just put on new dmc afterburner duals:) with the dynojet recommended 124f 128r. Im at around 400ft above sea level. It seems to run great but the first few mins of riding it has a lil bit of intake pop at around 1/4 throttle, but seems like when it warms up it goes away. Also a good portion of the pipes has turned a brownish color, is that normal or am i a little lean generating some xtra heat? any advice or info would be great! not really interested in airbox modding. Thanks!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
The free rolling at idle is normal, just have to blip the throttle enough to keep the clutch engaged going downhill. Turn your pilot screws out half a turn and that should get rid of the 1/4 throttle pop. Most pipes that I have seen will change color a bit with heat, but im thinking you may be a bit lean, My buddy was runing around 136 or 138 dynojets with dual hmf and a stock airbox ( 1-200 feet above sea level)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i will try the mixture screws first. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts