Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you v-fans? I'm new to the site. Been riding my 04' since they first hit the scene with flawless performance.
I would ride nothing else!!! I currently ride all the mountains
of tennessee,kentucky,&west virginia (at most 6,000 ft. Above sea level). My question is; we are going to utah this year and have concerns about my machine running well with the elevation out there.i am curently running a white bro. Pipe,with a k&n air filter,stock jetting. And it runs great!!!!

Any one have any insight or advise?

Thanx!!!!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Are you talking about St Anthony? If you are jetted for 6000ft, leave it be... St Anthony is not even a 1000ft lower., but if you count the top of the dunes even less than that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MOAB,PAIUTE TRAIL,ETC.... I JUST DONT WANNA TRAVEL ALL THE WAY ACROSS COUNTRY AND HAVE PROBLEMS. WONDER IF THE 12 HOLE AIR BOX MOD SHOULD BE DONE AND JUST START UNTAPING HOLES AS I NEED AIR?:confused:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Leave it all alone if your already jetted for 6000 feet moabs about 4500 and Sand Mtn is 5200 and Paiute Trails Range from 5000 to 10000 might need to remove air box lid if you get that high.
So your right on track.
Let me know when and where and we might beable to hookup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:dok. Sounds good. Thanx metal alien & tru grip!!!

Tru grip, are you from the utah area? Any pointers on trails for us first timers? We will be out there for atleast a 7 full days of riding.:d

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Bring a battery charger. Every time I go to Utah or Idaho my friggen battery dies! Happened both times at St Anthony, and at Delta Utah.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm from the utah area. I rode the paiute trail last summer, my prairie ran good until i got to the tops of the mountains. trugrip and metal are right, you start out around 5,000 ft and go up to near 10,000 ft. Lots of good trails to ride in that area.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
You could spend all seven days in Moab and not ride all the trails.
Marysville one way onto the piute trail You could stay there for a week and never come close to riding it all.
The best things to have will be. Good shocks Elkas, good Tires Radial if possible and HD tie rods at least on the kfx.
What are you riding?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
edp700: what happened when you got around 10,000 ft. Can i get some more air in the airbox and be ok? Any advice will be appreciated.just dont want to have problems when we get out there this september.

trugrip:elka shocks make thay much a difference? Shocks is about the only upgrade i havent done yet. I'm a big guy 280lbs.(dont laugh i'm tall) lol...
I run maxxis razr 2's.and i beefed my tierods up along time ago!!!
Keep in mind my "v" is a woods bike all the way. We ride all the coal mine's in tennessee,kentucky,west virginia,etc....

please advise!!!!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
At 10000 feet you loose half your power even if you are jetted for it just not enough air. You just wont have the throttle response like you do at 5000 feet.
If your jetted for 5000 to 6000 you might just have to remove your air box lid or not the trails are not all at that altitude.
As far as shocks go in my opinion its the first up grade nicer ride you can ride longer and feel better after the ride. Especially if there set up right to your wight and ride height.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with trugrip. It didn't run as well at 10,000ft but its nothing major. I just reminded myself that i was at 10,000ft and it was running a little rich. It might not idle too well unless you adjust your idle screws or turn your idle up a half turn. Its a great place to ride though, well worth it. You will like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts