Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got done doing a stock rebuild on this kfx700 2006. it has hot rods crankshaft hot rods connecting rods Namura Pistons all new Kible valves all new chains and tensioners hot rods water pump. I have 42 pilot Jets two and a half turns out and I have 148 front cylinder main jet and a 150 rear main jet. It seems like it's running on the rev limiter and I know it's not even halfway through its RPM band I pulled the plugs and they look black.so at this point I think it's running rich and I have an ignition box problem the ignition box that's on it is a dynatek FS digital ignition from glendora California.
I need to get this running good so I can sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
Stock cams?
Is the airbox modified in any way, extra holes, etc?
Keihin main jets?

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
Do I see duct tape on the airbox?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put tape on the box cause I thought it was getting too much air for the (at the time) 38 pilot-140 mains. Also not my work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the jets I got a bunch in a pack off eBay. They fit the carb, but as of them being Keihin brand, no. I wouldn't think so.
I would also like to mention that there are 1mm washers under the stock needles.

Cams are stock, I think. They do look stock. I just reused them cause they looked good.

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
If those are Dynojet jets in there, they're way bigger than stock.

·
Registered
503 Posts
yes. the assumption was those were stock jet numbers.
so. you need to get stock jets to those size as no knows exactly what the dyno jet size is.

i have seen them marked 148 and be as big as 162 stock size and as small as 142

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
yes. the assumption was those were stock jet numbers.
so. you need to get stock jets to those size as no knows exactly what the dyno jet size is.

i have seen them marked 148 and be as big as 162 stock size and as small as 142
I gave up on him after his smart ass remark.
148-150 DJ is 162-165 Keihin, which is way richer than he needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
NovaKaw650
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing