Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 04 kfx700 with dual hmf pipes and a k&n filter with a polaris white spring and a dyna tek cdi rev box i was currently running 148r and 145f it ran good until top end it started to cut out and blowed black smoke so i tried it with the airbox lid off and it had a lot of torque but did't want to go after mid range i tried to running 150r and 148f and see if that would help with the airbox lid off and it ran even worst i want to run my bike with the lid off and i talked with the hmf people and they said that the airbox lid off should of made a difference i was looking to run a hidden snorkle just like on 700v.com to get more power but i don't think i can do that if i can't even get it running right at all in the future i am going to be doing a lot of upgrades to make it really fast i just need some pointers on what t do and maybe pictures so if anyone can help me that would help me out alot
thanks
eric

·
Registered
478 Posts
i got a 04 kfx700 with dual hmf pipes and a k&n filter with a polaris white spring and a dyna tek cdi rev box i was currently running 148r and 145f it ran good until top end it started to cut out and blowed black smoke so i tried it with the airbox lid off and it had a lot of torque but did't want to go after mid range i tried to running 150r and 148f and see if that would help with the airbox lid off and it ran even worst i want to run my bike with the lid off and i talked with the hmf people and they said that the airbox lid off should of made a difference i was looking to run a hidden snorkle just like on 700v.com to get more power but i don't think i can do that if i can't even get it running right at all in the future i am going to be doing a lot of upgrades to make it really fast i just need some pointers on what t do and maybe pictures so if anyone can help me that would help me out alot
thanks
eric
Put 12 1" holes around the airbox lid, (3 each side), a/f screw 2.5 turns out, 180F and 182R jets and a #4 washer under the needles and the bike will run flawless. it will put a :D on your face. just do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts