Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this site and new to my kfx 700.I just bought an 04 700. It has duel supertrapps ids2, twin air filter, and the guy I bought it from said it is jetted. Im not a mechanic but it seems to be running a little rich. it has some black sut crap that spits out from the end and around where it is clamped to the header pipe. Any suggestions would help. And one other thing I see everybody does the 12 hole air box mod , mine has a 15 hole mod each hole around 3/4" would this be ok.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Im new to this site and new to my kfx 700.I just bought an 04 700. It has duel supertrapps ids2, twin air filter, and the guy I bought it from said it is jetted. Im not a mechanic but it seems to be running a little rich. it has some black sut crap that spits out from the end and around where it is clamped to the header pipe. Any suggestions would help. And one other thing I see everybody does the 12 hole air box mod , mine has a 15 hole mod each hole around 3/4" would this be ok.
Welcome to KR

The 15 3/4" holes are fine---You might as well go through the V and check things out for yourself---Pull the plugs and see what they look like---The supertrapps are adjustable at the end---Find out where your at on those---Do they need re-packing---Pull the mains and read what size they are----Turn the a/f screws all the way in then back them out about 2 1/2 turns---Go to the other side and check the slides---You'll want to clean and polish them---Most of the guys that have the 12 hole mod also add a #4 shim to needles, cut the springs back 1/2-3/4", and polish the slides, (the shims on the needles will actually make you a little fatter on idle/low range)

Kenny

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, But would repacking the exhaust make a difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did forget that the guy I bought it from did say that the slide are polished

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Run it hard---Under heavy load---Up hill etc---Pull the plugs and see what you have---What was the guys explanation for the black exhaust---Is it a beater that you picked up for near nothing

Kenny

·
Registered
8 Posts
i got a 04 kfx700 with a k&n filter, dynatek cdi box and a polaris white spring and hmf duals i can't get it to run right i am currently running 145 front and 148 rear it will run until top speed then it cuts out it blows out blacks smoke i tried to run it without the air box lid on it it will runs worst i jetted it like 5 times i don't know what to do can any one help me out
thanks
eric

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
i got a 04 kfx700 with a k&n filter, dynatek cdi box and a polaris white spring and hmf duals i can't get it to run right i am currently running 145 front and 148 rear it will run until top speed then it cuts out it blows out blacks smoke i tried to run it without the air box lid on it it will runs worst i jetted it like 5 times i don't know what to do can any one help me out
thanks
eric
You are kinda hijacking this thread but I will give you some input.

1. If you have the stock CDI, ditch the Dynatek and put the stock one back on. The only thing you are gaining with the Dynatek is not having to use the reverse override button.
2. Do the 12-hole mod to the airbox lid (12 1" hole drilled in it with a hole saw - 3 on each side).
3. As stated above, polish your carb slides, clip 1.5 coils off your carb springs, add one #4 brass washer under the head of each carb needle, and set your A/F screws to 2.5 turns out.
4. Rejet your carbs with 182F/185R main jets (for up to around 1000' elevation)
5. Do some test runs to try it out.

I had that exact setup with the HMF duals on my green V before I went to the cross-over intakes and it ran great and had a lot more power with the 12-hole mod.
Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts