Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i hate to bug you guys with another jetting question but i need to get this right. here goes:

the quad thats in my signature runs like a scolded dog. i just got it back from the dealer for a rejet but he blamed the electric fuel pump for it being to rich. i just added the napa hose mod to help lean it out ( as per vfjs request ) and it did help some. john also recommended that i use 42 pilot jets and start somewhere in the 145-150 for the mains to fix the richness problem. i was wanting to know if this is what you guys would recommend. it blows some white smoke when you rev it up from idle and the last time i checked i could smell some gas on the oil dipstick. please help with this jetting problem. :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
when you say stage one jetting... are you using a dyno jet kit????

you might consider doing the catch can mod to remedy your blowby your getting..(white smoke)... i would try a 142-145 jetting for the 650... if i remember correctly isnt the stock jetting a 138-142???? when i put the full hmf system on mine i went up to 142-145 and it ran good i had the dg snorkle, filter and holes in the airbox..... :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea the dealers mechanic installed a dynojet kit stage one but vfj told me to go back to the stock needles with one washer on each of them. also said to put the napa hose mod on and start in the 145-150 range for main jets. yea 138 and 142 are the stock jet settings, i have dynojets in right now but i just ordered some keihin jets so when they get in ill more than enough mains to do the job. why would i be getting blowby from the oil?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Hey man I have almost the exact set up as you on my 07 650 sra except I'm running 82mm wiseco pistons and fst stage 1 cams. I'm jetted at 152R and 155F, 42 pilots, 2.5 turns out on a/f, stock needles with 1 shim, polished slides sucker runs like a raped ape. I can take a Can-am 800 with no problem.

Oh also 42 pilot jets are almost a must when adding the UPP intake. Plus with the 42's she'll fire right up and idle like a dream. Nice SRA buy the way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hey thanks 05bf750, lmao. that was the funniest thing ive ever heard. lol yea its def alot stronger than it used to be. and to think that my dad and brother wont do anything to their kawie v twins lol. im gonna install the 42 pilots, mains, and shim the needles when they come in and see how it runs. only thing now is getting the mains tuned in right, thatll take some trial and error which im looking forward to. thanks again for the help cause it makes me feel alot better knowing someone else on here has almost the same setup as me. i dont feel like im going into uncharted territory now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alrite, i got my jets in today and did some jetting. i got the 42 pilots, stock needles with 1 shim under each of them. i started with 145f and 150r but it didnt have good acceleration so i changed the jets to 150f and 155r. it got the acceleration back but still had a rough idle so i adjusted the idle screw till it had a good idle. im still getting some white smoke but how do i tell if its running rich or lean?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts