Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any info for me on were to start. 06 V pro circuit duels and 12 hole mod. 138/148 in it now not sure how big of jets to order as a start, also what are the best plugs to run?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
First thing---Start a sig listing year and mods done---What air filter system is in it---Without the 12 hole mod 140/145 with stock air filter setup would be about right---Is it a Dyno-jet kit in it---Are the main jets Kiehin--If your going to keep the 12 hole set up, there are several other things you'll want to do as well---Is the stock air snorkel covered up, (closed)----With the right air flow and duals you should be at about 178/180 or 180/182.

Just to experiment---Cover 3 of the 12 holes with tape and run it under a load WOT and see how it responds---Seems like what you have is way lean.

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will also need to take in consideration what your elevation is as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok I'm new to this so I don't know how to make a sig. with my mods but my bike is mostly stock. It has a stock motor with a twin air replacement filter, pro circuit duels, twelve hole mod stock intake open,138/148, polished slides,shimmed needles, cut springs,and my elevation is between 500 and 1000 feet. It's a 2006 Kfx 700.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Ok I'm new to this so I don't know how to make a sig. with my mods but my bike is mostly stock. It has a stock motor with a twin air replacement filter, pro circuit duels, twelve hole mod stock intake open,138/148, polished slides,shimmed needles, cut springs,and my elevation is between 500 and 1000 feet. It's a 2006 Kfx 700.
It's eazy, just click on the userCP at the top of the forum page,click on edit signature, and type in the edit area and save. You can dooooiiit!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"Stock intake open"---Not sure--By intake are you referring to the snorkel opening at the front of your air box---That should be closed if your running with 12-1" holes in your air box lid----How is this thing running---Are you having any probs.

Have you pulled the spark plugs to see what they look like---Did you try covering some of the holes to see difference in how it runs. Ask the guy you got it from what brand name are the main jets.

Kenny

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The jets are kiehin . I have some dyno jet, jets I think they convert in size up to 165. It runs well but it is cold here now in the 30's. I haven't riden it much since I installed the pipes. So I haven't checked the plugs yet. I was looking for a place to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts