Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have finally finished tested the cam profiles for our big motor/big head trail/duner packages.
Testing was done on one of our pumpgas 1000's, actually VERY safe pump gas at 11.9:1. and stock 41FCR carbs.
The profile we are using is very gental on the valve train (as quiet as stock cams valve train wise) and ended up mid 160HP.
This is on 91 oct pumpgas with a full exhaust(Muzzy Teryx Pro)
With our old FULL race cams we were running higher compression and oxy gas to reach high 160's to 170HP with a full exhaust and 180-182 with a bigger and shorter open header.
Now I can't wait to put a high compression 1000 together with our new full race cams.
I will try and get some video up tomorrow, also going to put our open exhaust on a see what we get and video that as well.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Schwing! :cheers:

·
Registered
256 Posts
We going to see any of those any time soon? Ice racing is coming!!

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we can send you a set the first of the week. The cams that ended up being the best were the one's that we thought would be and should be the best so we already made 5 sets. The other grinds we only made 1 each just to test small differences and make sure we had the best setup for this application.
So one set is staying in that motor, one set is going in another 1000 first of the week and two sets are shipping with 880 kits so we have one set left. We'll have more ready wed or thursday as well.
Now these aren't our new FULL race cams, these are for bigger motors with big heads and carbs/throttle bodies that will get the ran hard for years and years, very gental on the valve train and they respond right off idle with the FCR's.
Our new FULL race cams are a bit more aggressive and we haven't even ran a set of those yet.

Having said that, these new MMTR (mountain motor Trail/Race) cams are just a HUGE difference over anything we or anyone has had in the past, in power, response and nice and easy on the valve train.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome :tup:
Thanks Kurt, I think we just might be closing in on that 200HP mark with a full blown race 1000 and our new Full race cams.
We'll know more tomorrow once we run the big open exhaust, if it still picks up the 12-14HP that it did with our old race cams on a higher compression 1000, that will put us at 176-180HP on this pumpgas motor. Then if the full race cams gain another 4-6HP, we're at 180-186HP, add some oxigenation there's 192-198HP.
Ray

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Thanks Kurt, I think we just might be closing in on that 200HP mark with a full blown race 1000 and our new Full race cams.
We'll know more tomorrow once we run the big open exhaust, if it still picks up the 12-14HP that it did with our old race cams on a higher compression 1000, that will put us at 176-180HP on this pumpgas motor. Then if the full race cams gain another 4-6HP, we're at 180-186HP, add some oxigenation there's 192-198HP.
Ray
right on, if your going to be in the shop tomorrow i may stop in on the way by.. by the way, i saw the track a few weeks ago, looks like you can land a 747 on that sucker :lol:

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ray
right on, if your going to be in the shop tomorrow i may stop in on the way by.. by the way, i saw the track a few weeks ago, looks like you can land a 747 on that sucker :lol:
LOL, I'm here everyday, LOL
Yep, we're planning to hit 200MPH in 660ft in the next year or so, so we need lots of room to get stopped, LOL

The tracks are almost 1/2 mile long at 2400ft.
I have to take a day REAL soon to go get a front end loader to get some finishing touches done and to have for moving snow, other then that and the weather we're real close to racing.

Ray

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes we can send you a set the first of the week. The cams that ended up being the best were the one's that we thought would be and should be the best so we already made 5 sets. The other grinds we only made 1 each just to test small differences and make sure we had the best setup for this application.
So one set is staying in that motor, one set is going in another 1000 first of the week and two sets are shipping with 880 kits so we have one set left. We'll have more ready wed or thursday as well.
Now these aren't our new FULL race cams, these are for bigger motors with big heads and carbs/throttle bodies that will get the ran hard for years and years, very gental on the valve train and they respond right off idle with the FCR's.
Our new FULL race cams are a bit more aggressive and we haven't even ran a set of those yet.

Having said that, these new MMTR (mountain motor Trail/Race) cams are just a HUGE difference over anything we or anyone has had in the past, in power, response and nice and easy on the valve train.
Ray
WHen are you going to test the FULL RACE cams? Next on the list or supercharger time? Me and Mark are still waiting for the chargers.:D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Three days gone past and still no tomorrow:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Three days gone past and still no tomorrow:rolleyes:
Gosh I'm terribly sorry max, I was trying to get more customers looked after instead of making video's, LOL
Trust me I want to get them done more then anyone and then get the big exhaust on that motor to see what it does but other things I wanted to get done over the weekend ran into today and tonight and will still be a few hours tomorrow morning. Then I'll get a video with the Muzzy exhaust on it and then put the big exhaust on.
Ray

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Don't bother posting anything on his behalf Ray. He's just waiting to bust your balls about something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
No big deal ray I understand things come up. Sorry camo I was just a little disappointed id like to see the vids. I guess ill just quit posting so I dont offend anyone

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
No big deal ray I understand things come up. Sorry camo I was just a little disappointed id like to see the vids. I guess ill just quit posting so I dont offend anyone

he said it best himself vvvvv, besides Ray can't keep 99 % of the crap he says straight, he just figures everyone is as oblivious and cum drunk as Camo and RPM, and don't pay attention :p

LMAO!!!

Looks like a few pairs of panties got all wadded up on here tonight. :lol:

Exactly... Suck it up buttercup(s). :p

Anyone who threatens to leave the site is looking for sympathy attention. They should know by now they ain't getting much of that from the majority.

I love this place.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know Max and I want to see what it does with the big exhaust as bad as anyone, I was just bustin your balls, LOL

I was tied up this morning and early afternoon, then had to run down to the race track mid after noon, got back at 5 and fired the engine up. Did a few warm up runs but was only getting 156-158HP, the air went to chit this afternoon, pressure dropped and humidity went to 93% and started raining and I didn't want to take the time to rejet for the air.
We'll see what the air is like in the morning and if it's still bad I'll rejet and get the video's.
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

he said it best himself vvvvv, besides Ray can't keep 99 % of the crap he says straight, he just figures everyone is as oblivious and cum drunk as Camo and RPM, and don't pay attention :p

LMAO!!!

Looks like a few pairs of panties got all wadded up on here tonight. :lol:

Exactly... Suck it up buttercup(s). :p

Anyone who threatens to leave the site is looking for sympathy attention. They should know by now they ain't getting much of that from the majority.

I love this place.
LOL, and just what is it that I can't keep straight??? LMAO
Maybe if you understood the things most of us are talking about (big boy stuff, LOL) you would know what I mean when I say it.
But maybe just give us an example???
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
he just figures everyone is as oblivious and cum drunk as Camo and RPM, and don't pay attention
I love this place.[/quote][/QUOTE]

so true:lol::lol::lol:

But I would like to see what the motor will do. Hope the air is good soon:lol:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
And it's official!!!!!!!

Congratulations Monkey........ You just posted your 5000th gay oriented post. That's a true 5000 posts. No Canadian math or anything. :p

Figure there has gotta be something behind someone that makes so many posts about Homo stuff...... Just sayin. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Speaking of behind it takes a real homo to know exactly how many gay posts someone made. Helllllooooo tom I think someone has a secret admirer look out camo someone may be trying to have an affair

1 - 20 of 161 Posts