Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just got 2 mojave 250s both for $200 one is in a basket and the other is almost ready .i tryed it out to day and it seems like it wants to go but has a hard time .anything past a 1/2 throtel and it sounds like it hits rev limiter or somthing (not sure if it has a limiter on it ) if i cram the gass wide open it sputters but at 1/4 it does ok
it idles perfect starts 1st kick even cold carb is clean diafram looks good soft no holes and so on
filter is new everything is air tight but im at a loss i mean 30 mph is that all she wanted to go im sure it should go a lot faster ??? but any how could use help on this one thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
my lakota did that once after i had it apart and put it back together. turns out it was just a little out of time. it would idle fine and actually sound normal until i tried to rev it up and it wouldnt rev up. i could hold it wide open and it would do that "rev limiter" thing. im no kawi tech but that is my experience. hope it helps!

·
Registered
387 Posts
just got 2 mojave 250s both for $200 one is in a basket and the other is almost ready .i tryed it out to day and it seems like it wants to go but has a hard time .anything past a 1/2 throtel and it sounds like it hits rev limiter or somthing (not sure if it has a limiter on it ) if i cram the gass wide open it sputters but at 1/4 it does ok
it idles perfect starts 1st kick even cold carb is clean diafram looks good soft no holes and so on
filter is new everything is air tight but im at a loss i mean 30 mph is that all she wanted to go im sure it should go a lot faster ??? but any how could use help on this one thanks
Thats a great deal congrats on the buy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still looking

well poped the top today and if im right the timing marks on the cams shuld be facing away from each other and with timing mark showing in the inspection plug if that is the case its on time the cam chain seems to have a small amount of slack in it but i thought thats normal being to much tention would shortan its life but other than that looks good
think ill do a compleat carb cleaning today and see what that does.
is there any other thing i should be looking for ? and thank you for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
have you pulled the fuel line off the carb and turn the fuel petcock on to see if your getting good fuel flow into the carb? i know i may be stating the obvious but you never know... sticking floats or clogged fuel lines are cheap fixes to go along with your steal of a deal on those two quads! good luck

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Probably just the carb. One time mine did that after sitting for a while. It almost felt like a towel in the exhaust at full throttle. After riding for a minute or two, something let go and it ran great. Usually the pilot jet clogs first and they don't like to start, but only my main jet must have been clogged that time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all is good

well i checked everything and found a small timming adjust carb adjust and clean along with un pluging the fuel shut off and it came alive it runs like new and screems it rips wheel shots like nothing
im now hooked on mojave crack lol thanks for the help and ill post pics soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
timing adjustment

I'm trying to work out some bugs on my 250 mojave. reading back posts I noticed you said your timing was on but you made a small adjustment. How? or how small. Did it appear on but wasn't?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts