Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey this is for all the brute owners with efi i just called dynatek to get some info. on a adjustable programmer. as you may know they do not have any for the efi brutes. but they told me with in a month in a half to 2 months max they will have one out to the public. $249.00 for the programmer and $249.00 for the soft ware to adjust the fuel, air, and timming curves.... all adjustable on the fly........can't wait seems how i am picking up an 08 750i left over on the first of december..............

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
To late for them for me. I bought VDI. Might be willing to try it out for them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I noticed dyna now has it available for the fi brutes, has anyone tried one yet? $250.00, Thats half the price of a vdi

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just remember it is just a ignition unless you buy the programmer with it so it is then $500 better money is spent on the MSD for Brute.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let us know how it works.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can answer that for you, we are a dynatek dealer. It works just like the Rhino unit.

You get a ignition with fuel controller functions in it but you can't access them with buying the serial programmer.

You would also need a air/fuel ratio gauge and a tach to get you fuel dialed in.

Beating a dead horse I guess but MSD is way better!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I may have to try the MSD. I tried the Vdi and it did not work out. They had great customer service, but I just could not get the vdi to run right. I know the older dynas worked great. I had one on my 05 and it made a huge difference. Would you say the msd makes as much of a difference on the 08s as the dyna did on the 05s. Also what kind of warranty does the msd have as far as being waterproof and such.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I may have to try the MSD. I tried the Vdi and it did not work out. They had great customer service, but I just could not get the vdi to run right. I know the older dynas worked great. I had one on my 05 and it made a huge difference. Would you say the msd makes as much of a difference on the 08s as the dyna did on the 05s. Also what kind of warranty does the msd have as far as being waterproof and such.
One thing I am not hundred percent sure on is the timing retard with EFI models, I don't think it is there what I can tell you is it is gone once you put the MSD on there.

Yes it is waterproof and there is some kind of performance gain but more importantly is it makes a great foundation to build from allowing you to make any changes you may need to on spark and fuel.

We also pre-program it for you, it is optimized for a stock exhaust and a Muzzy exhaust by selecting between the two maps via selector screw.

Year warranty. We have been selling the MSD for Rhino's and Teryx's before this and have sold several hundred and less than five have had issues and they all were Rhino units.

Todd

·
Registered
55 Posts
well form reading about the dynatek i think if your not gona up your bike and leave it mostly stock its would be a hell of a buy. 250 is much cheaper than the others at almost 500. but if your gona mod your brute i would say the other options would be better. or at least the same price as the dynatek and its programmer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the Dyna take out the slow speed stall? Do they taylor a map for your mods? Need something soon to correct for the swamp series I just put on. Not looking to break the bank. Looks like PCIII if the Dyna don’t pan out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Does the Dyna take out the slow speed stall? Do they taylor a map for your mods? Need something soon to correct for the swamp series I just put on. Not looking to break the bank. Looks like PCIII if the Dyna don’t pan out.
I don't think there is a slow speed stall on a EFI model, looking at the timing advance gauge in the MSD software the timing is not retarded that I see. I have not done it manually yet though.

The dyna has to have the serial programmer to adjust fuel or access the other timing curves.

The PCIII only controls fuel.

The MSD is the only piggyback unit that does both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts