Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Kawasaki Bayou 220 for $425 that runs, rides, all brakes work, and all lights work. It pull starts fine but I'm having issues with the electrical start system. When you turn the key to on the position the neutral light doesn't come on. It glows very lightly but doesn't actually light up. Pull starts fine and after riding or revving the engine sometimes the light kicks on and every once in a while if you turn it off and back on the light will stay on and if you push the start button it will start but most of the time the solenoid just clicks and the light goes back out and you can't jump the solenoid or anything, like its not getting power. However, the headlights and tailights still work even when the neutral light doesn't come on. Already replaced the solenoid and relay but that did nothing. Not sure where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: after replacing the solenoid, I can now jump the posts and it will start. Also, while I have the solenoid posts crossed the neutral light shines bright green but as soon as I remove the screw driver from the posts the neutral light goes out again. I'm guessing its some kind of grounding issue or a loose connection but can anyone help me figure out where to start looking? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tested the battery? I had some starting issues with my Prairie 360 right after I bought it. I put a new battery in it and haven’t had any problems since. Will the headlights and taillights stay on for awhile?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns over strong when you jump the solenoid and all lights work good. I'm almost positive its a loose connector or bad ground somewhere. I'm just not sure where to start looking and didn't want to strip everything down to look for it if I didn't have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts