Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 brute force 750 and it was running fine but I went to get a turtle trap today and lost power the tires wouldn't spin and it would have little bursts of power. It's not in limP mode I checked and it's not the fuel pump what could it be.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Check the speed sensor wiring connection behind the foot brake.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Are all your plug connections and spark plug boots die electric greased ?Battery voltage good ? Water in fuel maybe. Backtrack - was she running great then all of a sudden ? what happened when or just before she started doing this - in deep water ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the engine overhauled a month ago it's been running fine I haven't taken it in water deeper than a foot then I did kind of notice something was wrong 2 days ago riding down the road when it lost power a couple times for a less than a second and was almost in noticeable then today i put more gas after it was down to 1 bar and got in the field then bam no power

·
Registered
327 Posts
How old is the gas? Gas now a days sucks. I don't like to leave mine sit over a month, if it's in the spare cans I dump it in the quad and refill the cans.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Have you checked battery voltage while the bike runs - should be around 13.5 vollts dc,if it's higher,like 16 - 18 let us know.If I were you,I would check all electrical connections to see if they're connected good - take them apart - reconnect them - even the controllers under the seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I checked the wiring and the connections at the batterie are kind of loose and when I tighten them I can get up to thirty then the it goes back to what it's doing I have no clue

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Well,just like VFJ said,sounds like a fuel pump.Maybe you can check the screens on the pump inlet and inside the pump,but have not heard any positives out of that either....

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
Little bursts of power...... like VFJ said, fuel pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So how the hell am I breaking all these fuel pumps I already broke 1 is the fuel pump breaking from the bottom hitting?

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Do you run low on gas occasionally - just thinking out loud here - there are so many threads on bad fuel pumps,other than dirt and debris causing pump screens to block up,the only other thing that comes to mind is running the pump dry or cavitating during riding on a low tank.Hopefully some of the gurus can chime in on this.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts