Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
I'm clueless.:(
Do not leave it as is. Buy the correct belt first. A new "correct" belt would have put you in the 19-22mm deflection range, not 15-17mm range. By the time you add enough shims to open the secondary enough to gain it back to 23mm, the belt will be so far down the sheaves the starting gear ration will be like starting in second gear on a car with a manual transmission..and that will waste the belt...and primary sheaves quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This belt is a Gates G-Force 19C3218 for this model. And now, i tried to take it off by hand, I think it stretched out so much that it doesn’t squeak now, and when moving into gear it goes very slowly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had a hard time taking out the gates belt. I put the original belt back. I hope to endure the summer. If the belt light comes on again, I will replace it. Thank you for your comments and informations. I learned so much !!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi. I would like to ask for help. Yesterday I changed the oil, the differential oil front and back. I washed the air filter and sprayed oil again. Now when I start it backfire on the exhaust. Before that, it worked perfectly. I didn't do anything other than that. What could be the problem?? Please help. KVF 750 2007 Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Hi. I would like to ask for help. Yesterday I changed the oil, the differential oil front and back. I washed the air filter and sprayed oil again. Now when I start it backfire on the exhaust. Before that, it worked perfectly. I didn't do anything other than that. What could be the problem?? Please help. KVF 750 2007 Thank you.
Ensure that it is not over-oiled and make sure the lid is on and gasket is good and in place. Otherwise it is common for the 05s-07s to split the carb boots at or under the head-side clamps. Check those.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ensure that it is not over-oiled and make sure the lid is on and gasket is good and in place. Otherwise it is common for the 05s-07s to split the carb boots at or under the head-side clamps. Check those.
Maybe there is too much oil in the air filter ?? I don't know how much oil he needs. So can the air supply be the problem ?? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Maybe there is too much oil in the air filter ?? I don't know how much oil he needs. So can the air supply be the problem ?? Thanks.
Just use the stock air filters. You dont need to clean them just throw it away and put another one on.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts