Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kawasaki Lakota 300 sport that does not start, I push the starting button and it cranks and cranks forever, and when i go the throttle it just dies, it doesnt want to turn on. Please help met.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Lakota 300 sport that does not start, I push the starting button and it cranks and cranks forever, and when i go the throttle it just dies, it doesnt want to turn on. Please help met.
Do u have spark at spark plug I have a 03 Lakota and a few things I have found is check ur battery level and chk carb make sure ur getting fuel to carb I have a manual if u need any more help what year is it ? Start at battery and work ur way out and of course spark plug

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Have you tried to start it with pull start?.You can also try a bump start if u have a hill or another quad and a tow rope and someone willing to pull quadI would again first put a charger on battery and also chk your spark plug cap,wire and pull the plug If you have a spark plug tester use it , I use the one with the light bulb you put plug cap on one end and tester on spark plug the flashing light will tell you alot no light no spark it can tell u if its a fuel or ignition problem or if u dont have one pull plug and touch end to motor metal and look for a arch its sometimes hard to see in the day time if u pull your spark plug check the gap and see if plug needs replacing or at least a cleaning When was last time quad ran ? As for me I would go battery then spark plug also is starter sound like its turning u can always tap starter as u try to start quad . Dont give it gas you may flood it or already have

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried to start it with pull start?.You can also try a bump start if u have a hill or another quad and a tow rope and someone willing to pull quadI would again first put a charger on battery and also chk your spark plug cap,wire and pull the plug If you have a spark plug tester use it , I use the one with the light bulb you put plug cap on one end and tester on spark plug the flashing light will tell you alot no light no spark it can tell u if its a fuel or ignition problem or if u dont have one pull plug and touch end to motor metal and look for a arch its sometimes hard to see in the day time if u pull your spark plug check the gap and see if plug needs replacing or at least a cleaning When was last time quad ran ? As for me I would go battery then spark plug also is starter sound like its turning u can always tap starter as u try to start quad . Dont give it gas you may flood it or already have
Yes, there is spark and the battery is fully charged, and the carb is cleaned like 2 days ago, it turns on for about 2 seconds, but not very well, the last time it ran was about 1 month or less ago.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yes, there is spark and the battery is fully charged, and the carb is cleaned like 2 days ago, it turns on for about 2 seconds, but not very well, the last time it ran was about 1 month or less ago.
Pull off the fuel line and check that your getting fuel to carb is it a OEM carb? Make sure the air box s are all hooked up and u have a clean air filter sound s like no fuel is getting to carb no disrespect is fuel valve open pointing down and also try reserve may have a clogged fuel line or fuel valve

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Pull off the fuel line and check that your getting fuel to carb is it a OEM carb? Make sure the air box s are all hooked up and u have a clean air filter sound s like no fuel is getting to carb no disrespect is fuel valve open pointing down and also try reserve may have a clogged fuel line or fuel valve
A

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Also chk that ur choke is working Also close air and fuel jet till it seats then go back 2-1/2 turns thats what the manual states first set ur idle screw then the air fuel mix its prob just a adjustment when i cleaned my carb it took a bit to do problem is that air fuel jet is on bottom of carb ull need a small flathead or a carb adjustment screw driver its hard to get to what i did was set mine before i put it on and then uswd a small bit to get it tuned to perfect

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yes, the choke works and the carb is oem, and just put in new fuel filter and petcock.
I dont ise a fuel filter i would take it off and try without it to see who knows it may be defected worth a shot But when u cleaned carb did u pull jets out check ur float is working i would turn fuel valve on and open bottom of carb drain see if ur getting fuel Did u take carb apart when u cleaned it if so did u adjust ur air fuel jet under carb like i said go in till it seats then turn out 2-1/2 turns Also if u pulled jets are they all back the same way and make sure ur air fuel jet oring is in correctly its spring washer and oring the oring goes in carb first then washer then spring Maybe if u can post a video of it trying to start or even running for the min or two it runs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont ise a fuel filter i would take it off and try without it to see who knows it may be defected worth a shot But when u cleaned carb did u pull jets out check ur float is working i would turn fuel valve on and open bottom of carb drain see if ur getting fuel Did u take carb apart when u cleaned it if so did u adjust ur air fuel jet under carb like i said go in till it seats then turn out 2-1/2 turns Also if u pulled jets are they all back the same way and make sure ur air fuel jet oring is in correctly its spring washer and oring the oring goes in carb first then washer then spring Maybe if u can post a video of it trying to start or even running for the min or two it runs
yea, everything is put back together correctly, i can try without the filter, but all due respect, i dont think thats going to make a difference, you think it could be the cdi box?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
yea, everything is put back together correctly, i can try without the filter, but all due respect, i dont think thats going to make a difference, you think it could be the cdi box?
Possibly i would check that do u have. A multi meter ? If u r shure ur getting fuel then i would look into CDI box for sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts