Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Mule 4010 gas engine. I bought it from an older lady who didn't use it for a year or more. It will crank and run at slow speeds about half throttle but will backfire and not run if I press the pedal all of the way down. I drained the fuel tank and filled with 92 ethanol free. I checked all of the air filters and they are all really clean. Also checked to be sure all fuel hoses are clear and not blocked. Starting to wonder if it's not the fuel filter or fuel pump? It runs fine at idle and real slow speed but not when under load. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seat belt?

I was informed that if the driver's seatbelt was not connected, the 4010 (at least the 2017 model) would only run at a low rpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 Mule 4010 gas engine. I bought it from an older lady who didn't use it for a year or more. It will crank and run at slow speeds about half throttle but will backfire and not run if I press the pedal all of the way down. I drained the fuel tank and filled with 92 ethanol free. I checked all of the air filters and they are all really clean. Also checked to be sure all fuel hoses are clear and not blocked. Starting to wonder if it's not the fuel filter or fuel pump? It runs fine at idle and real slow speed but not when under load. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
34 Posts
Yep, try running it with gas cap loose, or if the carburetor has a vent hose on it, make sure it is clear. could aslo be a clogged main jet.. the idle circuit feeds the engine up to about 2800 rpm. give or take 200

1 - 5 of 5 Posts