Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 that will not start. I have replaced the starter and the starter solenoid, but when I turn the key to start it, I am getting the same results as before I replaced the starter and the starter solenoid which is nothing. There is no clicking, or anything, not even a sound. The battery has a good 12v coming out of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a 610, the same thing happened to me. I even replaced the ECM, you won't believe what the problem was. The ground cable was oxidized and loose. After taking it off, cleaning and re-installing, you guessed it. The Mule started right up. Sometimes it is the most simple thing. Not saying that's your issue, but it warrants checking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 that will not start. I have replaced the starter a couple months ago, when I turn the key to start it, I get nothing, not a sound. The battery is fully charged, the lights, winch and all accessories are working. I appreciate any help or trouble shooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki mule 610 will not start

I have had the same thing happen to mine. Absolutely no sound or nothing when trying to start. Long story short, go ahead and replace the 30 amp fuse. Vibration and everyday use broke the fuse, the thin wire inside where it connects to the end in the fuse. Though looking at it and meter testing it told me it was good. It wasn't until I put it under a load that it couldn't handle the amps. So when I pulled the fuse back out I was able to pull the metal cap off the end.

·
Registered
2010 610 mule
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 that will not start. I have replaced the starter and the starter solenoid, but when I turn the key to start it, I am getting the same results as before I replaced the starter and the starter solenoid which is nothing. There is no clicking, or anything, not even a sound. The battery has a good 12v coming out of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
check the starter rely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check the starter rely.
I have a 2013 Mule 610. It would not start or hard start. Sometimes it clicked, sometimes not. If not, sometimes stepping on the brake helped. (No, I don't know why) I tried charging the battery. That fixed it for 3 days. Charged again, it worked for 3 days. I replaced the battery, thinking it was not holding a charge. Worked for a month. I had the old battery tested, it was good. So I replaced the starter/solenoid. Worked for 14 months. It got worse and worse, for 6 months. Sometimes I tried to start it...no go. I walked away for 10 minutes and the it might start. I had the old starter bench tested...it was good. So today I put the old starter back in. I had a little trouble lining it up so I checked the video again. Got the wrong one. He said check the inline fuses for corrosion. I found 2, cleaned them and now it starts like a dream. Mine were both right by the battery but they may vary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 mule 610 4x4 that will not start. I replaced the full pump and it ran great for about a day then it would not start again. I turn the key and it just keeps trying to start but won't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts