Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Brute force 650 4x4i it doesn’t start by its self, the only way it starts is pouring gas straight into the carb and it only rev then cuts after 2 seconds. I got the carbs, fuel pump, and gas tank clean out but didn’t seem to make a difference. What else can I check??

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Check and adjust the valves - make sure the valves still have some adjustment to them. Check the timing of the engine the proper way. Clean the carbs again. Is your atv a solid rear axle or independent rear ? Electric fuel pump or a vacuum fuel pump ? Oh wait, there is so much more you will need to check.

·
Registered
562 Posts
How well does it run when it does run? If it runs OK when you pour fuel down the carbs, I would suspect a fuel delivery issue. Vacuum or electric pump? I'd check the fuel pump first and make sure it is working. That stock vacuum diaphragm fuel pump is a POS IMO and there are a number of Brute owners who have changed it to an electric pump. Much better IMO. Fuel pump, fuel pickup tube assembly in the tank, cleanliness of the fuel lines, there's lots of things to check, but I'd make sure there is fuel getting to the carbs first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s seems to run normal and revs up high before it cuts out, will check that out. Was think of putting new fuel pump and carb at the same time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Replace one part at a time, or you will never find out what your issue was. If you have a vacuum pump and change it to an electric, there is a thread here that shows how to do it. It takes some time to do it properly. If you want to do this mod anyway, Do this one first, see if it helps and then move on to rebuilding the carbs if it doesn’t help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts