Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Kawasaki Prairie 360 (2008) and the reverse override switch would not engage the override. I took apart the switch and checked it with an ohmmeter and it read about 120 ohms in the open position and zero ohms when closed. I ended up making a small slit in the wiring harness coming from the switch at the handlebars, retrieving the yellow/white wire and the brown wire, which come from the switch, cutting both wires and connecting them together at that point. I now have reverse override when I do that which tells me something is bad in the switch. I will probably install an independent toggle switch to control this function. No more being stuck in a snowbank.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
120 ohms seems like it has some crap in it water or mud or something shorting it, i have not tried but maybe you can clean it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch

Fully took it apart and cleaned it to no avail. Used electro clean. I am going to use a handlebar mounted switch to replace it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just wanna say. This fix works on a kvf/prairie 400 as well. I was having issues with mine and pissed me off anyways so i found those two wires in the harness cut and attached and now works. Thanks for finding the right colors so i dont gotta tear my switch apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts