Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a Kawasaki forum but… looking to upgrade my Polaris midsize 570 to a 1000 or Kawasaki mule pro ftx ranch edition. Have a buddy that just bought the Kawasaki and I must say it just seemed like a tougher machine. Does anybody have experience with both? Trying to decide which way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at both. The 570 and most other UTV's have 60" listed width. The new Kawasaki's (FX) show width as 63". Can't determine if this is body or tire sidewall width. Big deal as all my trailers are 60". Anyone put a tape to a new FX?

·
Vendor
219 Posts
The Mule is an awesome "full" utility vehicle. Comfortable, consistent, and super reliable. About as reliable, if not more, than just about anything else out there. Its not fancy. You're not going to win any races or have too many bells and whistles, but its a solid machine and a great bang for the buck. The Ranger has much more power, bells and whistles, and aftermarket support for parts and accessories. Both are great machines. Just depends what matters to you and suiting your needs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here is my 2 cents; a few years ago dad decided he wanted a UTV and wanted the "best" and ended up deciding on a Polaris Ranger. So he spent 14K on a Polaris Ranger 750 with a lot of add-ons. When I got a chance to look at it close I was shocked at the poor construction of it. The welds looked terrible. The fit and finish of it was poor. It ran fine but Dad didn't like it because it was way too loud. He said he needed earplugs to drive it. He sold it and got 12K out of it. Like I said, just my 2 cents. But if you google search Polaris quality issues you will see a lot of Polaris owners that have problems with their UTVs breaking all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my 2 cents; a few years ago dad decided he wanted a UTV and wanted the "best" and ended up deciding on a Polaris Ranger. So he spent 14K on a Polaris Ranger 750 with a lot of add-ons. When I got a chance to look at it close I was shocked at the poor construction of it. The welds looked terrible. The fit and finish of it was poor. It ran fine but Dad didn't like it because it was way too loud. He said he needed earplugs to drive it. He sold it and got 12K out of it. Like I said, just my 2 cents. But if you google search Polaris quality issues you will see a lot of Polaris owners that have problems with their UTVs breaking all the time.
Mine was a 2014 and it was constantly having electrical issues. I sold it and bought my 2015 Pro and have never looked back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Mule is an awesome "full" utility vehicle. Comfortable, consistent, and super reliable. About as reliable, if not more, than just about anything else out there. Its not fancy. You're not going to win any races or have too many bells and whistles, but its a solid machine and a great bang for the buck. The Ranger has much more power, bells and whistles, and aftermarket support for parts and accessories. Both are great machines. Just depends what matters to you and suiting your needs.
Yeah, Dad had a Kawasaki Mule years ago and loved it. But he traded it for something when he decided to sell the farm. This is what he had in mind when he bought the Polaris. That was a fail. Now he has a Coleman 400 UTV. Yeah, he bought it at Tractor Supply. It came with all he accessories he wanted for less than $8K. I've check it over. The engine is made by HiSun, the chassis is made in Vietnam. But overall it is a pretty descent UTV. A bit under powered with a 400 but it was cheap.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
219 Posts
Yeah, Dad had a Kawasaki Mule years ago and loved it. But he traded it for something when he decided to sell the farm. This is what he had in mind when he bought the Polaris. That was a fail. Now he has a Coleman 400 UTV. Yeah, he bought it at Tractor Supply. It came with all he accessories he wanted for less than $8K. I've check it over. The engine is made by HiSun, the chassis is made in Vietnam. But overall it is a pretty descent UTV. A bit under powered with a 400 but it was cheap.
Hisun makes a lot of those sub-branded machines. They can get the job done and they are much more affordable than the big names!
And that's all that really matters. Find something that fits your needs, and won't break the bank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
“And that's all that really matters.”

Until it breaks and there is only one source for parts. Then you call around and no repair shops will touch them.

·
Registered
2017 410 SE Mule
7 Posts
The Coleman Powersports Warranty is only for 90 from purchase date...versus 36 months for Kawasaki...a pretty serious difference. May reflect the lack of faith Coleman or HiSun puts in its manufacturing...just saying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts