Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey John,
You have done clutch work for me in the past on several Teryx's with great results. My needs have now changed and i have gone to a 2009 4010 trans mule. Yes, I know it's a turd but I need the bed size and tamer characteristics of the mule. I would like to run more like 35-40mph if possible. Can you do clutch work or ECU work to pep it up a little with out comprimising the durability? Would like to just raise the governer a 1000rpm but can not find any info on reflashing the ecu. Any help on the clutch or ECU?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had seen quite a few posts and articles on changing the governer on the carburated models to increase the rpms about 1500 which was gaining about 10-15 mph but nothing on the fuel injected models. Apparently just not worth the time for anyone to mess with the newer models. I believe the motor has the power to run faster because once it hits top speed, the motor backs off about 500-800rpm to keep it from going over the programed top speed. Wonder how it knows how fast it's going? Maybe a speed sensor on the transmission? If so, maybe it could be fooled by making a new gear with less teeth or shaving off everyother tooth? Would just have to watch the rpms to keep from over reving it, but I don't think it has enough power to severely over rev unless going down a hill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts