Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say something about Glenn at AMR what a wonderful guy to deal with and a wonderful product he has. Truely makes power and was worth the wait to get the right parts!!! How about VFJ who slaved over this ride and had on it more times on the dyno just to push it back off just because parts didn't come in or electric parts not even work. Or set his whole week aside just to have something he need not come and had to basicly start something else. He is truely taking the Reliability on these machines to the top of the market.... What a great guy to do business with and I tell everyone to take there stuff to him.

Now for what you was really waiting for the good stuff.

Let me start by saying I have the ITP ATR's 26'' but mine have about 800 miles on mine and is near bald in the back. Can Ham also has the ITP ATR's but 25''. My friend Jason's Can am is the 800R and it moves really good. We tried a couple of 2 wheel drive races and it would just depend who wouldn't spin as much. Didn't matter much because it was only ever a bike length or two and by 35-40 mph I would pull him in and go by him. This was on hard packed coal road with about 1/4'' to 1/2'' of loose stuff on top.

Now the racing stuff.

When we raced in 4 wheel drive even though I have crappy tires it spun more then want to wheelie. He would be right beside me until about 20 mph and then I would pull on him. I guessed at a spot when I was at 60 mph thinking it would be around 300 feet or so. We raced this a couple this a couple of times just to have him say around 30-35 I would really start pulling on him and the best he did was around 4 bike lengths at the place we had marked. Might have been over 300 feet might have been under 300 feet but we thought it was close. We discussed a little bit on the way home and he has always been a Kawie man. He said he was glad at about 4 bike lengths that I have crappy old tires.

4 bike lengths at around 300 feet CONCLUSION

Well that pretty much somed it up and maybe next time I can get the Raptor 700 to go. He had a hard enough time with the Can Ham and he keeps telling the 450 guys that they need to grow up and get real rides. So the guys I ride with between the Brute, the Can Ham, and the Raptor 700 were looking to race those little motor's even though we got a couple hundred pounds over you....The thing has power everywhere, and runs great. I might change the spring though. Just to test a couple out.

O yeah top speed gets to around 75 real fast then slowly works up to about 81 slightly going up a hill and that is GPS. Let me tell you trees start going by real fast at that speed and I was probably a good 2o feet from them. What is funny though the Can Ham is way off of the GPS and mine is never any further than 2 mph with the 26'' tires.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think with new tires u would pull him more to 300'. I can beat an 800 outlander to 300' with my 840 teryx, from 300' he pulls on me and we are usually within a few feet of each other at 500'

·
Registered
477 Posts
What clutch is on it? Stage 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.