Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up some heated hand grips for the 2012 Brute 750. Just wondering if the Brute has an accessory plug (or wire-end) up front somewhere like the Prairies and SRA Brutes? If they do, and it's under the front fender, how big of a pain is it to get to? I know it was a pain to get under the front fender on the older Brutes. I'm hoping the new ones are easier as I only have a few hours to install these grips.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the acc plug. Not too tough to get to the wire. I used to just pull the collar.
You're saying just the 12v acc socket wires is all it has? That would be easy to get to, but I was hoping for something more substantial and out of the elements.....

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
You're saying just the 12v acc socket wires is all it has? That would be easy to get to, but I was hoping for something more substantial and out of the elements.....
Nope...that's it on all Brutes. You can install your own auxiliary acc circuit with a relay from a fused battery feed and trigger it with that acc plug wire. Lots of people do. The standard relay can handle 20 amps if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope...that's it on all Brutes. You can install your own auxiliary acc circuit with a relay from a fused battery feed and trigger it with that acc plug wire. Lots of people do. The standard relay can handle 20 amps if I recall correctly.
Hmm...ok. Well, I guess that's easy enough. I was thinking about wiring it directly to the battery, but then we run the risk of leaving the grips on and killing the battery. No pull start on these new ones!😉😄

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Hmm...ok. Well, I guess that's easy enough. I was thinking about wiring it directly to the battery, but then we run the risk of leaving the grips on and killing the battery. No pull start on these new ones!😉😄
What heated grips did you get ? I have the moose ones and they are great

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What heated grips did you get ? I have the moose ones and they are great
Got the Tusk Lock-On with thumb warmer. I've installed three sets of them now, and I like them much better than my Symtec Heat Demons, and they're 1/4 the price!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Got the Tusk Lock-On with thumb warmer. I've installed three sets of them now, and I like them much better than my Symtec Heat Demons, and they're 1/4 the price!
These are what I have

Reactions: kickstart

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
That's why you would use a relay triggered by keyed power. :)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's why you would use a relay triggered by keyed power. :)
I could go that route, but I think I'll just go directly to the acc socket since I don't have much time to fool with it, and everything I need to do it that way is in the kit.

Reactions: NMKAWIERIDER

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I could go that route, but I think I'll just go directly to the acc socket since I don't have much time to fool with it, and everything I need to do it that way is in the kit.
I installed Swanny52's heated grip wires direct to the outlet wiring.- Only problem are the wires are so damn thin that movement in the wires may cause the wire to pull out of the connector - maybe cold weld connectors would be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts