Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, Im new to these fourms and these fourms looked like just the right people to ask the question to. Well iv recently purchased a 2009 Kawasaki KFX 700. Im looking to upgrade this beast alot:D. My first concern is I want to put a Turbo or Supercharger on it:eek:. Im not the best with atv's by all means but I want to make this into one fast machine. Is it possible to go with a twin turbo set-up:confused:? Is there anything else I should do to beef this thing up? Please leave your feedback on what I should modify and/or add to this thing. Thanks KingFish

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Call Ray at Fundy (he is a vendor here) he has a functional turbo V out there and it is a beast

The V belongs to CAMO you can PM him for info

I hope you have VERY deep pockets

Welcome aboard

If you want to go fast cheap do an engine kit and nitrous system

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
If you go with a simple engine kit and NOS, you'll be dissappointed in the long run when you line up against a banshee running alky and 30% nitro methane and he beats you by over a second in a drag race.. Trust me, that is where I'm at now. Wishing I had a turbo or supercharger. I think things would be different if I had that on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the warm welcome

Moneys not the problem. The only problem I have is a guy up the road with a Raptor 700:mad:.... Can I get some specs on the engine kit and nitro and the price? What do I have to change with the kit? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
What does he have done to the Raptor?

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
If you go with a simple engine kit and NOS, you'll be dissappointed in the long run when you line up against a banshee running alky and 30% nitro methane and he beats you by over a second in a drag race.. Trust me, that is where I'm at now. Wishing I had a turbo or supercharger. I think things would be different if I had that on mine.

You wont ever catch the real fast banshees. Its a lost cause. To beat a wicked fast banshee you better build a faster banshee.:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does he have done to the Raptor?
Iv never seen it, But one of his friends was talking to me at school today and he said they were hitting 110mph on the road a few days ago. Apparently he took somthing off of a dirtbike and modded it on the quad. I can have more details by tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
Ditto.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Check with Glenn at AMR..
His # is in my Sig.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Man, your bike looks just like mine did in 04. Brings back good memories.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
You wont ever catch the real fast banshees. Its a lost cause. To beat a wicked fast banshee you better build a faster banshee.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Aint that the damn truth, but I've seen and ridden Camo's turbo, and I believe with out a doubt, I could take out the banshees that have beaten me with a set up like his.

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
In my opinion, if you want to be fast like a Banshee, build a Banshee. If you want to get a lot of looks being fast on a quad that is supposed to be a slow pig, build a KFX700. :D

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I'd like to see high 5's and 110 in the 1/8th this coming summer. but it takes a bit more than a V motor to do that.

110 on a raptor. HA. typical kids. you can gear an 801 stroker to hit about 100. more than that and it has to be fairly well setup to hit any speed like that.

You can get Vforce to hit 92-94 mph with just a small bore engine kit and NOS with a modded clutch an easy 85 rwhp 60 on motor.

John

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
turbo kfx700 good luck the money wasnt my problem either it was just the complete setn up of it and im still not done oh yeah the money part now is startn to look like a problem:lol::eek::huh:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts