Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 KFX 400 all stock. When warming up it idles high with choke on about 8 inches of the pipe glows cherry red. When i took choke off and it idled down it went away but when i started to rev it up it would start to glow again. Is this normal or do i need to adjust something. Thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sounds Rich.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I have seen other kfx 400 bikes do the same thing new and stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine is is an 04 kfx and it does the same thing (has ever since i bought it) i ride the piss out of it and havent had any problems

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Normally a glowing pipe means Lean. My 400 runs cool but I have not watched to see if the pipe glows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine also runs cool but when its pitch dark you can tell its glowing and so does my buddys 07 400 ex.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Like I said it is possible. I have not rode mine enough to notice much yet. I will keep a look out for it though. Got alot of work ahead to make mine the way I want it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
+2 on the lean situation if your pipe is glowing ... Something to do with your pilot system at start up or maybe your float is sticking momentarily reducing the gas flow !

My 04 KFX never did that but i just installed a CDI rev box in it and it will be running hotter for sure with the timing advance...
I had to move up from a 22.5 to a 25 Pilot jet on my son's 04 Raptor after i installed a CDI box on his machine.First time i started it the head pipe turned cherry red !

Cheers !
Phil

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a 05 kfx 400 with a 145 main jet and HMF slip on pipe and a k&n and mine glows. Do you think i'm ok or do you think i need to change my pilot jet? my spark plug looked good last time i check it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts