Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a trade yesterday a 2008 Polaris rzr for a 2008 kfx 450 the guy came and wasn’t sure if he wanted to trade he thought about if for well over an hour and took it for 3 or 4 test rides but wouldn’t let me take his for a ride finally made a phone call asked a few questions to who ever was on the phone hung up and said I could take it for a small ride and he said if you break or wreak you buy it so I rode it it seemed fine and we traded so I put it in my garage and meter that night I took it for a few more rides and did fine so I put it away for the night next day comes after work I try to start it and it won’t start but a few times it almost did and finally did after letting it sit for 10 min thinking it was flooded so I took it for a ride around the block and felt good and powerful so I went to turn around and stalled it my fault was getting used to that clutch it barley started up because the battery was dead so I went down the street pulled over and turned it off and tried to start it back up but wouldn’t start. So I took the plug out thinking it was flooded again and looked at it being a brand new plug it was white so the bike was running lean and would start now so I’m thinking it’s running lean is because the power box that’s on it is bad and broke so I ordered a new programmer because of the efi and I’m hoping that fixes the lean problem but I don’t think it will fix the starting problem so I need help or advice on what to do here

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Make sure it has a good, fully charged battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it wouldn’t start with the battery jumper on it either it’s almost like it’s not getting spark but it is

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Well, if you have confirmed that the spark plug is firing, and you've tried pouring some gas in the intake to see if it will fire up, and it doesn't, then check the compression.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts