Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive decided im going to buy me another racing fourwheeler. ive came down to 2 choices. raptor 700 or kfx 450. none of my friends have either one of the fourhweelers so i dont know how they are. anyone have either or both of them? if so can you give me some pros and cons?

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok ive decided im going to buy me another racing fourwheeler. ive came down to 2 choices. raptor 700 or kfx 450. none of my friends have either one of the fourhweelers so i dont know how they are. anyone have either or both of them? if so can you give me some pros and cons?
Well, i can't say about a Raptor 700, but can tell you i just traded my 04 Limited Edition Raptor 660 for an 2009 KFX450R...The biggest difference's i noticed are the following...

Raptor 600- Very torque y, tons of power, comfortable riding, little top heavy, but not too bad..Great trail quad..was very pleased with it.

KFX450R- Very quick out of the hole, extremely fast, excellent throttle response due to the EFI, lighter and lower to the ground, excellent handling characteristics, Over all great performer with excellent power and maneuverability and comes stock with some nice upgrades...Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im wanting one so bad. i could have one right now but i really dont wanna sell my brute. i dont think i could ever get rid of it except maybe trading to a teryx. looks like ill be workin up about 3 grand this summer :/

·
Registered
30 Posts
never owned a 660 raptor but it is a true 660cc engine, 9.2.1 comp, sohc 5 valve and the 700 raptor is a 686cc, 9.2.1 comp, sohc 4 valve and the 700 weighs in about 25 pounds heavier. i did own a 700 and i did like the bike alot, tons of tq and very good riding but like top gigzter said they are top heavy, i love my kfx 450's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
if you do mostly trail riding and want the more comfortable/easier to ride it ruts n shit quad, then buy the raptor, but if your looking for more of a race quad then go with the kawi.....personally i would buy the kawi over the raptor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts