Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im the new dude in town. :lol: im a member over at High Lifter and ATVFlorida. i purchased a KFX 700 not too long ago and am amazed with the power! i found the complete skid plate kit and some nerf bars at www.cyclegear.com for $300 and $150 respectively. i dont think this is too bad but can you all tell me if im going the right way or not? my next mod are the front bumper and rear bars. can anyone advise me towards whats the best intake, exhaust and jet kit, at a great price also. thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you want to save money, get a hmf slip on for $229 then prop open the airbox or drill holes in it and jet up a few sizes. Duals exhausts aren't so cheap. Airbox mods are just as important as the exhhust, but cheaper.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah once i go ill go all the way with some Yoshimuri or HMF duals, probably the K and N filter and jet kit also. :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Best exhaust Fat Boy 4 avail at Duncanracing.com for 699.00 thing is this is what team green use on there factory backed race machine's and atv connection forum member Greenteam who race's the V for Kawasaki swear's by them.

Best intake either home made snorkel or Diamond G carbon fiber snorkel for 139.95 see bearman's post several below this one.

Best front bumper I like the AC racing stadium bumper seen lot's of people using this bumper while racing.

Best rear bar I would reccomend a 6 pack rack from either ac or prm or a cargo rack from prm because if your going to do some aggresive trail riding for any extended period of time you will need to bring gas with you beleave me these thing's are gas hog's.

Other mod's to do

Ims 4.6 gal gas tank

Trailtech handle bar's,enduro comp,and dash

I put motion pro twist throttle on mine I hated that stiff a$$ thumb throttle

Web cam's make a cam kit for it

Also 4 stroke tech make's a 785cc kit for it

Diamond G is working on a performance cdi for it

Vortex ignition's is working on a programable cdi for it

You could build a turbo kit for it :) with fuel injection completly programable of course!

sorry got a little carried away with the mod's there

Note some people do not reccomend making hole's in the air box because the carb's are vacuum operated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm well i have my mind sold on the HMF duals, the carbon fiber intake, the jets are the only thing that has me worried b/c they seem to be hard to match to the rest of your mods. :? i already have the nerf bars and skid plates. need some front and rear bars now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also the factory detuned these machine's basically with two item's
the factory primary spring is crap it will make the trans shift out at about 8000 rpm's the engine does not hit peak power until 8500 rpm's (I think this is correct it could be 6000 rpm shift out and 6500 rpm max power iono but you understand)
Also the stock cdi retard's timing so bad at high rpm's that even with the spring change it won't make any more power (how ever I hear you will feel a tremendous difference just from the higher rpm shifting) the only two company's that are in the process of making a performance cdi are DG and Vortex (see duncanracing.com then click on new product's) also Yoshi is going to make something for it called a rev box but we have not confirmed exactly what it does at this time you might want to see the atv connection forum's there's a lot of people there with V's that are modded up also every thing the guy's are doing to the prarie 700 and 650 should be interchangealbe several people have done the 785cc kit's to there prarie's and it would be the exact same for our V's.

My first mod's are going to be the primary spring's last night I ordered the epi pink spring and the hpd plain spring basically they change both the engagement rpm's of the trans and the shift point's for the trans
the epi pink spring is rated at 0/260 where the stock is 0/90 (I think) which mean's the stall of the pink spring is same as factory but shift out rpm is much higher.Where as the hpd plain spring is rated at 55/210ish which mean's it would have a higher stall and higher shift out over stock this would be a good spring for drag racing I have heard people like the pink spring better for trail riding due to the stock stall.

basically any other hp adding mod's will not have that much effect on the bike with out the spring and cdi change's as both of these item's are going to restrict every thing else.But with the spring, and cdi if you add exhaust or intake mod's and rejet after that you should see a tremendous difference.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Dyno readings show the DMC Aliens as making the highest HP of all of the pipes out, just slightly ahead of the HMF's.

The guy that said the Duncan's make the most power tested them using the stock spring, that probably means they are making their power at a lower RPM than other pipes. That would be good for trail riding, but not for drag racing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well can someone map out for me the best setup for trail riding? and where can i buy all these springs, exhaust, intake, jets for a good price? thanks guys

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i also bought the Baja front and rear bars. so my styling is about done. a little too late i already broke my headlamp housing :( the top of the black housing sticks out. a little

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
You can get the pink spring from EPI direct, I will tell you they charge high for shipping. I got my HMF duals from C&D Racing delivered with green cans for 505 but that is with a discount for being an active member of EXRIDERS.com.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how hard is this pink spring to install?. im assuming its the equivalent of changing out some springs on your cars valve body to firm up the shifts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the spring is very easy to install. i put in the hpd plain spring in first and was fine in the trail ride part of my day and even better in the drag racing part. i was riding with my buddy on a slightly modded raptor and in his words "you lost less with the plain spring" the pink spring didn't do much for me. when i get my alien exhaust (next day or so) i shouldn't be even a quad length like i was with the plain spring.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know what jets ill need to buy? im gonna go with a K & N intake, and a Pro-Circuit Exhaust. i live in miami so im about sea-level. thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
new on here

just bought a kfx 700 been putting all the accesories on my quad and now want to know the cheapest way to get more power and i;m looking for some exaust please point me in right derections with stuff thank u

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
just bought a kfx 700 been putting all the accesories on my quad and now want to know the cheapest way to get more power and i;m looking for some exaust please point me in right derections with stuff thank u
Hey guy--Just start a new thread---This one is from 2003

Kenny

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
You should have been doing that without a BBK. At least I do all the time on mine. My most recent kill was a modded yfz450. I dont know why I have never had any problems with 450's but its all good :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
DoubleTapXX
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing