Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 2004 kfx 700 tomorrow. Really excited. I sold my Raptor 700 last year. Can I expect the same speed and power from the KFX 700? Anything I should look for? Anything that I should change on it if I get it? Are there any known problems?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I love my KFX but..........stock to stock they won't run with a 700 Raptor. The motor makes more power but with the CVT and the shaft drive you lose too much in the drive line but they are a lot of fun to ride. There is no end of mods to do to them to make lot's of power though.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
They make more power but weigh quite a bit more. Since you're buying an '04 you should do the "rocker mod" if you ever plan on running cams.

A few very inexpensive modifications will allow the KFX to run with the raptor but stock for stock the raptor will take it.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
get it
get used to it.
auto-no shift deal will play with ya.
After you get used to it-you will be able to concentrate more on your style and forget about shifting.
Get good and used to it-----then--hop up time:D
Plan on getting a good aftermarket suspension.
Especially the rear shock.
vfj stg 3 clutch cut
open up the air box ,jet up and a good aftermarket pipe.
You will have the baddest ride in your click.
Sound and speed--and looks;)
Build the engine and you will be the king of all things fast!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I will be running my 730 against my friend's '09 Raptor 700 on opening weekend of the dunes which is the first weekend of April. He thinks he is going to beat me with his new DMC Force4 dual exhaust, intake, and power programmer. I am not too sure of that. I think we might be fairly even.

I will try to remember to post the results once it happens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got it!!! It is in new condition. Still has original tires that are like new. I took it out in the road and hammered on the throttle and I thought I was gonna go over backwards. I love it!!! It doesnt feel as quick as my Raptor was but its pretty close! Now I want to do somw simple cheap mods.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I will be running my 730 against my friend's '09 Raptor 700 on opening weekend of the dunes which is the first weekend of April. He thinks he is going to beat me with his new DMC Force4 dual exhaust, intake, and power programmer. I am not too sure of that. I think we might be fairly even.

I will try to remember to post the results once it happens.
My 730 would beat my buddies piped/controller Raptor 700. Even with my Edge Paddles. :p

Well I got it!!! It is in new condition. Still has original tires that are like new. I took it out in the road and hammered on the throttle and I thought I was gonna go over backwards. I love it!!! It doesnt feel as quick as my Raptor was but its pretty close! Now I want to do somw simple cheap mods.
Congrats! You felt like you were going to go over backwards, because you probably were. :D The V's are very wheelie happy. The first thing you will break on it will be the rear grab bar and tail light. :lol:

I own both a moddified V and a Raptor 700. While the Raptor is a blast to jump on once in a while, I still prefer my V.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Get them mods done and come join us at the dunes the first weekend of May.
Even if you don't get any mods done first, come out and ride with us. After you see some of the modded V's there, I can almost guarantee you will start. :lol:

My 730 would beat my buddies piped/controller Raptor 700. Even with my Edge Paddles. :p
Good to know! I am not a BS talker so I just let him talk. We'll see what happens we actually line them up. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the guy gave me a set of brand new paddle tires on rims with the quad so I cant wait to try it at the dunes. And to think all I did was trade him a 2002 ski doo 500 sled even up. I think Im gonna order a Better air filter to start.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
What brand and size paddles did you get?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Nice looking V!

Whatever you do, DON'T order a K&N. Either buy the TwinAir PowerFlow kit or just keep your stock filter.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
The paddles are Dune hopper II,s, they are 20x12x10
:eek::eek::eek: You aren't going to like those paddles at the dunes.

20's are way to small for the V. You need a minimum 22" with 24" being the best way to go. The wider the better. With the heavy V, floatation is Important.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
what he said. get 24" 9 or 10 paddle edges or extremes! the low end torque needs the taller tire, not to mention the skats are super super light compared to itp's or kendas!! good luck with it and ALWAYS check the for sale section for mods. first mods u wanna do are an air filter, carb mods, exhaust, but if u have $25 dollars pm vforcejohn tell him what kinda riding u like and get one of his new clutch springs, they will help your top end some until you get your clutchs cut

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe I'll sell my paddles and use the money for a twin air power filter. I wonder If I can do the 12 hole mod and still use stock jetting and exhaust?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts