Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
i would recommend it based upon weak performance and the psi going up more than 10% on the front hole.
so slight over bore.
higher compression pistons and bigger cams.
you'll be able to wheelie till you need to put the front end down for the next turn.
love our 730 to our stock 700

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i would recommend it based upon weak performance and the psi going up more than 10% on the front hole.
so slight over bore.
higher compression pistons and bigger cams.
you'll be able to wheelie till you need to put the front end down for the next turn.
love our 730 to our stock 700
Thank you for help and your input, I was looking to get wossner’s pistons 83mm, so that if something goes wrong in the future I can always get 84mm and bore cylinders again

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Thank you for help and your input, I was looking to get wossner’s pistons 83mm, so that if something goes wrong in the future I can always get 84mm and bore cylinders again

Just go right to 84mm.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What you all recommend, wiseco or wossner pistons? Also do I need to buy different cams with 84mm pistons or can I use stock cams ?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
What you all recommend, wiseco or wossner pistons? Also do I need to buy different cams with 84mm pistons or can I use stock cams ?

Seems like you are in Europe. Wossner may be easier to get and are likely a better piston. Yes, you can run stock cams with any pistons.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Seems like you are in Europe. Wossner may be easier to get and are likely a better piston. Yes, you can run stock cams with any pistons.

Thank you, yes I I’m in Europe indeed, UK, I can get either wiseco or wossner- just wossner is more expensive, so are they better than wiseco? And do you know why is that ? I heard that wiseco run quite loud

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Thank you, yes I I’m in Europe indeed, UK, I can get either wiseco or wossner- just wossner is more expensive, so are they better than wiseco? And do you know why is that ? I heard that wiseco run quite loud

What you heard is only when people are using standard bore pistons and dripping them into factory bores that are worn. You'll need to get cylinders bored correctly to fit whatever pistons you buy so that is not an issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok I got you, can you just tell me what makes wossner better than wiseco? Wasn’t vfj using wossner before in his builds?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Ok I got you, can you just tell me what makes wossner better than wiseco? Wasn’t vfj using wossner before in his builds?

Yes, he was. Four Stroke Tech is also selling Wossner pistons now. Seems like the Wossner pistons have coated skirts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I thought wiseco got that as well, what would you recommend Kevin? Since you been using wiseco a lot, have you had problems with pistons itself?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I thought wiseco got that as well, what would you recommend Kevin? Since you been using wiseco a lot, have you had problems with pistons itself?

Wiseco doesn't have any coating on the skirts. I have used Wiseco but no Wossner. Seems like there is a minimal price difference between the 2. I'd buy the Wossner or order a set from Four Stroke Tech. I think he sell them for around $300/pair.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I don't believe low compression is his problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wiseco doesn't have any coating on the skirts. I have used Wiseco but no Wossner. Seems like there is a minimal price difference between the 2. I'd buy the Wossner or order a set from Four Stroke Tech. I think he sell them for around $300/pair.

Thank you for answer, and your opinion

·
Registered
567 Posts
com on nova lets hear what you think his problem is.
he has not spent any money on parts yet, now is the time to steer him correctly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok guys, so I have come to conclusion that next month when I got enough money saved up I’ll pull the heads and have a look at the valves and valve springs see what they are like, if they are not the problem I’ll probably go into the cylinders and pistons..it just weird that I don’t have starting problems and that it doesn’t smoke/burn oil which wornt out pistons or/and rings woudl cause. I’ve also ordered new spark plug cups as the one at the front is splitted in half and it’s hold by some tape... but doubtful that’s the cause of my power loss

41 - 57 of 57 Posts