Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
137.flv video by moodyblaster - Photobucket

I was at busco over the weekend and raced this stock 700r raptor. As long as I could get a good start with out spinning I would take him. He would catch me at the end of the strip if we kept going though. Without going internal what can I do to increse my top end some more. Someone said maybe a big gun rev box...not sure though. I dont know anything about working on this kfx or any other atv so any help would be great. I was told by a guy in a local shop here that a clutch modification would'nt be good since I do alot of trail riding. ????????

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I see, said the blind man to his deaf son.

The guy on the Raptor 'should' be whipping that V if its stock.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
what's done to the raptor?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
the raptors are fast.bruteforce on here has one i can't beat with my 730.i have a cdi now and a muzzy super pro coming this week.his is far from stock though,hopefully i will have a litle more for him next time:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
You have a lot of lil things that will make a HUGE performance difference. start the researching on some of or all of the following.

12 hole mod
ms mod
- you will need to rejet after these two mods
spark plug mod
timing key advance
get your clutch cut by VFJ
different spring
I added a taller rear tire for more topend

so far i have a bone stock internal 700 with the mods listed and i have posted a best of 78.6 mph on the garmin. Have fun and let the games begin.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
will replacing my cdi box increase my top end at all.
not on a stock v.it would only be worth it if you were hitting the rev limiter.i think they really come in to play with a bbk
you should do the twelve hole mod and the epi pink spring for the clutch,two cheap mods that make a huge difference

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Don't waste your money on a Rev Limiter Box, get your clutch machined, run a decent spring. Get ya some crossover intakes and jet accordingly.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like i said earlier I really dont know much about this type of stuff so I will be having someone else do the work for me but in reference to the crossover intakes I might already have this but what is the ms mod

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Modify your clutch, almond or blue spring, VFJ or BKP intakes, 25" cheng shin tires, Muzzy pro and 12 hole mod.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
These guys got you on the right path

VFJ stage 3 with spidermod and a good spring
12 hole mod on the airbox and jet up
good rear tires 25" for drags only
a few other trick are available and doable.
but these are the big ones you MUST do to get results.;)
OR
Just build it and beat them all

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Like i said earlier I really dont know much about this type of stuff so I will be having someone else do the work for me but in reference to the crossover intakes I might already have this but what is the ms mod
There's a lot of satisfaction in doing some of this stuff yourself---I've always depended on the dealer/stealer to do my work in the past, til I realized how they were ripping me off---I felt helpless cause I didn't know how to do anything myself---Then I met these guys on here and they have helped me every step of the way and they're here to help you too--Everything in my sig I've done myself with their help---Almost all the things they have recommended are nearly free DIY power builders---Just pick out one small thing and read up on it and then if you don't understand post up your questions and someone will walk you through it---You can do it dude.

Kenny

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the new clutch spring but thanks for the tips. is the jetting something I could do or am I better off taking it to some where.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a lot of satisfaction in doing some of this stuff yourself---I've always depended on the dealer/stealer to do my work in the past, til I realized how they were ripping me off---I felt helpless cause I didn't know how to do anything myself---Then I met these guys on here and they have helped me every step of the way and they're here to help you too--Everything in my sig I've done myself with their help---Almost all the things they have recommended are nearly free DIY power builders---Just pick out one small thing and read up on it and then if you don't understand post up your questions and someone will walk you through it---You can do it dude.

Kenny
thanks man, Im sure I'll be asking alot of questions.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I just ordered the new clutch spring but thanks for the tips. is the jetting something I could do or am I better off taking it to some where.

Ok---Here's a perfect example---To change that spring you have to take out the center bolt in the primary clutch and that bolt turns clockwise to loosen---Not knowing this you could strip or even break that bolt---Here look
How To: Changing Primary Spring

Kenny

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered a almond clutch spring, should I have ordered a blue one. I keep hearing get a blue one do you know what I will see from the almond one compared to a blue spring.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I ordered a almond clutch spring, should I have ordered a blue one. I keep hearing get a blue one do you know what I will see from the almond one compared to a blue spring.
Because your V is basically stock---The pink would be the best all around starter after market spring---I honestly don't know about the almond--If it has any stall etc---Pink is like stock no stall---Stall is hesitation before engagement to let rpm's build.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 36 Posts