Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
How much rise over stock height? 3/4" like the Trail Tech?
What kind of price range for it without any special engraving and possibly not even polished (might get it powder coated).

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much rise over stock height? 3/4" like the Trail Tech?
What kind of price range for it without any special engraving and possibly not even polished (might get it powder coated).
That one is a little less rise then the Trailtech, I don't have a Trail tech in front of me but from memory that design is about 3/8" lower then the Trailtech.

I can't remember the height of the stock mounts without going to look, I did when I started the designs/models but that was awhile ago. I think they are around 1" from plate to bar center. This one is 1.5" from the steering stem plate to the bar center.
If we only have sales for 10 or less, they will be around $199 polished/$179 just machined. If we have 20 or more spoken for, will be more like $159 polished/$139 as machined.
On one of the other designs I had also started, it's 3 piece so we can just change the center riser to different heights, also adjustable forward and back with multiple bolt holes.
Ray

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
OK. Thanks. Not sure that I like it THAT much. ;)

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Thanks. Not sure that I like it THAT much. ;)

If more people want one, that will certainly bring the price down. With machined parts, a fairly simple part like that, by the time I model it, program all 4 sides, make fixtures to hold for side two on each part you basically have $1500-$2000 in time and material so even at $200 each. You have to sell 10 just to break even.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whom ever wants one, post on this thread what size bars you need it for, 7/8" or 1 1/8"

As I posted above, if we only have 10 or less spoken for they will knock the heck out of $200 polished. If we have 20 or more spoken for, they will be more like $150.
Ray

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
If you get to 20 or more, I might be in for 1 or 2. Not sure yet. I have Trail Tech clamps on the 2 duner quads but just picked up 2 more that I will be working on to make trail quads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 1/8 or stock bars.

Open the PDF file and then click on it to activate it. Then you can move it around with the mouse.
Ray
Consider one like that ordered for me with a french shipment please !
Paypal ?

Thanks .

J-F

PS: For future, consider to make a french shop !!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 1/8 or stock bars.

Open the PDF file and then click on it to activate it. Then you can move it around with the mouse.
Ray
Consider one like that ordered for me with a french shipment please !
Paypal ?

Thanks .

J-F

PS: For future, consider to make a french shop !!! :D:D:D
Bonjour Ducat , j'aurai Jean -vous obtenir un cout d'expedition des que nous avons un peu de boite de . Avez-vous besoin d'un 7/8 " pour actions barres ou 1 1/8 " barres ?
LOL , je vais considerer que si jamais je demenage du Canada .
Merci ,
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made the fixtures today and ran a few of the bottoms, a couple slight changes to the model I posted first that look better. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually here's a couple pictures of the base, right off the mill and unpolished.
I have made a couple adjustments to the programming to get rid of the machine marks on the tops of the bar mount pedestals. The flash REAL exaggerates them but they won't be there in the production ones anyway.
Ray

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Looks just like the Trail Tech bottom.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks just like the Trail Tech bottom.
Similar, but it's wider (the sides are angled out instead of just flat) so it fit's the stock steering stem properly, doesn't just partially sit on the original lower clamp halves but sits completely on them.
But, I really don't like the way the Trailtech actually just sat on the lower clamp halves anyway, even if it did fully cover them, so ours comes with billet blocks that go inside to the stock clamp halves to give a lot more contact area. Also gives the option for different rises with just changing the blocks.
By the way, I did check, our clamp is 1.065" rise over stock and we're making blocks for the 1.065, 1.5" and 2" rise.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, we have pricing figured out. Our bar mounts will retail for $149 as machined or $169 polished.
We'll be running a batch tomorrow or Friday, just waiting on a 6" face mill to face the top side of the top half so the machine marks are left to right instead of front to back as they would be using a 3" face mill. I think it will look better for those that don't want polished.
Ray

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would like one just don't have the extra cash for one right now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts