Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought my wife a KFX700 today. Thanks to Gauge (Dale) who put me in contact with Jeremy who had it. I feel pretty lucky considering he didn't have it for sale, and I was able to get it. I met with him and his buddy Parker today....both were SUPER cool cats. I'm looking forward to asking her if I can borrow it to ride myself sometimes. :D I think with it being lowered and extended, it should be pretty easy for her to ride. I have a bad habit of getting something and doing all the little mods myself and tinkering with it. This thing seems to have almost, if not all, the little tips and tricks that can be done. I'm looking forward to doing some riding with it.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Nice Ride she has..I think the ADAPT graphics are the best ones out there.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I will 2nd that, I will hate to see the day my set bites the dust. There are none no longer!:mad:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Nice bike why did Jeremy sell it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what he said, he lost interest in it because Parker (his riding partner) went with a big motor set up for strictly dragging and he didn't want to go that route. It wasn't for sale per say, just when I mentioned to Dale I was interested in looking for one he mentioned how nice and well kept this one was. He knows how I am with my stuff and treat my equipment ( I tend to get obsessive as I'm sure alot of guys on here do with their machines). Basically he said he would sell it, but didn't really have to. Thats how it got it in a nutshell I guess. I assured him it would be in good hands and meticulously maintained. :tup:
Nice bike why did Jeremy sell it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put it back stock height and kept the swingarm extension this morning. It's ALOT more fun to ride and feels like it will be much more trail friendly. I like that it actually wheelies pretty easily now. Not as easy as if it were stock... which is good since it's primarily for my wife, but extended and stock height seems like it will be the perfect balance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got the adapt set with seat cover last month for $38 off of ebay. These pics were the first I have seen one with them I like them!!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I got the adapt set with seat cover last month for $38 off of ebay. These pics were the first I have seen one with them I like them!!
Want your money back? They are hard as hell to put on right. :lol:

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
yeah. don't make the mistake I did. put the stickers on LAST. do the seat cover FIRST. if you don't then the seat cover won't aligh with the stickers.

That machine looks good. it has some mods done to it already.

I think soon you'll be looking for another ride for the wife and you'll end up taking it once you see what these things can do

John

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Is this the one you were going to put the turbo on Keith?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Very nice and clean kfx.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.....
I'm sersiously considering selling my LTR and buying a tired worn out KFX and completely go through it, powder coat everything and possibly build a turbo kit. I've only had an opportunity to ride on the street so far with it, but I really think its a pretty neat machine. I can't let my wife have ALL the fun. :D I'm thinking a turbo with an electronic boost controller would allow it to be trail / dune friendly and still be able to put out the hp at the push of a few buttons. It sounds good on paper, but things are about to start kicking off with the motorcycle drag racing so the project, if there is one, may take a year or so to do. It all sounds good on paper, but time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Great bike! jeremy will miss it!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
dont forget i want that lowering kit! and when ur ready to ride you got my number do0d

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the weather permits, we'll be racing the bike Saturday and I was planning on going out to Sand Hill in Wiggins Sunday with a few friends and maybe my wife and daughter. I'll torment BIG Mike with the KFX until he sells his LTR to buy one. :D
dont forget i want that lowering kit! and when ur ready to ride you got my number do0d

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad I got up with him. It was worth the little drive to go and see it. Plus its got just everything really a bolt on bike needs, or at least enough for my wife. If I build one, I'll do it from a clunker since its going to be completely torn down. There is no sense in tearing into a perfectly good bike to start with. I'd rather turn a heap into clean finished product for myself anyway. :tup:
Great bike! jeremy will miss it!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Thanks guys.....
I'm sersiously considering selling my LTR and buying a tired worn out KFX and completely go through it, powder coat everything and possibly build a turbo kit. I've only had an opportunity to ride on the street so far with it, but I really think its a pretty neat machine. I can't let my wife have ALL the fun. :D I'm thinking a turbo with an electronic boost controller would allow it to be trail / dune friendly and still be able to put out the hp at the push of a few buttons. It sounds good on paper, but things are about to start kicking off with the motorcycle drag racing so the project, if there is one, may take a year or so to do. It all sounds good on paper, but time will tell.

It was a pleasure meeting you saturday Keith. You really got a great bike in this one. Jeramie keeps all of his stuff up flawlessly. Be carefull with these bikes and go fast and looks good parts, it never stops! I am a prime example! :lol: Here's a thought, I'll let you use my bike to test out a setup, you know a guinea pig!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.