Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a "how-to" with pics? Service manual on order, son's driving me crazy for MORE SPEED.....:cool:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a "how-to" with pics? Service manual on order, son's driving me crazy for MORE SPEED.....:cool:
Ok, got the manual, and it's going to be an easy deal.....just tryin' to figure out if my son NEEDS IT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it similar to KFX 50?

Ok, got the manual, and it's going to be an easy deal.....just tryin' to figure out if my son NEEDS IT!!!!!!!!
I'm having same requests for more speed from my son and I was wondering how hard it is to remove collar. After you finish would you please give me an update.

Thanks

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Very easy to do.

remove the kickstarter lever. remove the black cover and the foot well.

inside the clutch, you will go to the front clutch. there is a single nut on the clutch. remove it.

*****************BEWARE**************

HAVE SOMEONE HOLD THE REAR INNER SHEAVE TIGHT AGAINST THE MOTOR!! Or else all the C VT bearings will fall out from behind and they are difficult to get back in

Once the cltuch nut is off, remove the front cover and sheave together. remove the spacer. reinstall the front sheave and the nut.

Definatly do it. with the spacer in it'll do a whoopping 14 mph. with the spacer out, it'll do ~32 but you can easily cut that back with the throttle.

it's much easier to ride without overrevving the crap out of it. I find it was better for them to have it removed.

John

John

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very easy to do.

inside the clutch, you will go to the front clutch. there is a single nut on the clutch. remove it.

HAVE SOMEONE HOLD THE REAR INNER SHEAVE TIGHT AGAINST THE MOTOR!! Or else all the C VT bearings will fall out from behind and they are difficult to get back in

Once the cltuch nut is off, remove the front cover and sheave together. remove the spacer. reinstall the front sheave and the nut.

Definatly do it. with the spacer in it'll do a whoopping 14 mph. with the spacer out, it'll do ~32 but you can easily cut that back with the throttle.

it's much easier to ride without overrevving the crap out of it. I find it was better for them to have it removed.

John

John
Thanks John. That's what I got out of the manual. I'll be doing it tonight. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did it tonight in about 20 minutes. Very easy. Agreed, it's a much better ride now that I don't hear the thing bouncing off the limiter constantly. It's much faster like John said, and has no problem pulling my 200 lbs around. My son is actually kind of intimidated {good!} by the new-found "power" and is taking it easy. If I find him going crazy, it's nothing more than a tweak of the limiting screw at the throttle......I thought at one point that I would have the collar machined down to half it's dimensions to come up with a happy medium, then decided to scrap it. He seems to be careful......:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
manual

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual for the KVF 90's just bout a 2010 and want to start tweeking!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very easy to do.

John

John
Thanks John, this is great info. I have my son's kfx 90 opened and ready to remove the collar. One question, how do u keep it from spinning when trying to loosen the nut?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you figure out how to get it to stop spinning. I am currently at that part right now and cannot figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts